[INTRO] the Custom Markup Plugin - beta

Hi folks,
I did just update the Custom Markup Plugin

• Have a closer look at the table of contents and there is a
  • Playlist at youtube.

For those of you, that know the plugin already, be aware there are some breaking changes in V0.20.0 and V0.21.0!

Have fun!
Mario

6 Likes

So exciting mario. And Very helpful videos which demonstrate the customisability.

I look forward to the enthusiasts like me publishing bundles of custom markup for authors to quickly create beautiful content through a set of custom markups to present the content in different visual elements such as Assides, notes, cautions, figures, tables, quotes, column and much more all with a set of custom markups.

Use in wiki or export as html elsewhere. Tiddlywiki the authors powertool.

1 Like

I think it is a fantastically useful plugin. I have been using it many months already to great effect. It is immensely rich.

The more advanced use that permits association of markup with macros is very powerful. Once setup it is very economic in what you need type day-to-day.

Usage wise it is exceptionally good for writers needing precise layouts with some TW macro intelligence.

I hope it is more widely looked at!

Best wishes, TT

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Improving c-m plugin introduction for new users

3 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion about CM - Tables with muliti-line cells

3 posts were split to a new topic: Improve c-m documentation in general

@TiddlyTweeter And, as Mario already intimated (and I agree) …

So fire away… let’s see them in raw right here (please!)

2 posts were split to a new topic: Example - Winodws Console-like formatting

I count myself in the camp of “This is probably really amazing! I don’t really know what it is…” I’ve watched a few videos last night and will keep watching them, but it hasn’t clicked for me yet. I’m not giving up on it yet, much more to read. Point I guess is that I agree that if others are like me, they might not get this right away and might miss out on something cool. Looking forward to reading the continued discussion here, hopefully steering towards more simple examples again like the common frustrations / wishes that this solves more easily. Thanks!

Videos???    

Ha - yep, in @pmario 's original post he has a link to a YouTube playlist

Folks

I want to reinforce my previouse reply that focusing on how it can be used and its technical description is more importiant than examples at this point although examples may illistrate the possibilities.

I will try and produce a naratative on how I understand custom markup.

Hi folks,
As you can see, I did move some related posts into their own threads here in the Plugins: Custom Markup - category.

I think it’s worth to discuss them further in their own threads.

I would like to have examples in their own threads eg: Example - Windows Console-like formatting - #2 by CodaCoder

We may prefix them with “Example - xxx” or give them a tag. may be cm-example

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: – favicon – for custom-markup plugin