Discussion about CM - Tables with muliti-line cells

Yea, I think there is some great potential for “multiline table cells”. I did do some experiments, but there is still a long way to go, to make it convenient. …

Mario I would suggest, but you can ignore me if you wish, that this is not your duty. Do not add these to the solution. Perhaps build up a library of examples sure but I belive the solution needs to be tightened and the documentation simplified whilst still indicating the directions it can be taken.

You and we can not posibly guess where this can be taken and should not try and provide simple solutions in the package. I think we would be better publishing bundles as simplified solutions and keep the plugin itself as an advanced tool on which advanced users build sophisticated bundles.

Custom wiki text is a powerful solution with infinatly extencible posibilities but to write new solutions needs good wikitext, widget and macro knowledge if not also html and css. Thus i think it a folly to over simplify it. That will be what finished bundles are for.

Just my thoughts

That’s right, but having the possibility to create tables with multi-line cells was one of the reasons, why I wanted to create the plugin.

We don’t have a convenient way to create tables with multiline cells. The main workaround is, to use a transclusion. …

But for me tables should be “self contained” in 1 tiddler. …

1 Like

Mario I saw you examples of building tables on Custom Markup and was impressed, however thought I would personally do it a little differently, to make it easier for myself. My interest would be tables with a variable number of columns for example.

Yea, the whole thing is in flux. … If you come up with a better way, that would be fine. … Just post a json file here with all the pragma definitions and an example in 1 tiddler and I can add it to the test with the next release.

As I said before, Its my view you do include it as example on the plugin site. Just separate such examples from the plugin functionality.

It’s not added as an example to the plugin site. It’s added as a test, to be sure everything works as expected after changes to the plugin have been made. …

The side effect of those tests is, that they can be a starting point for the documentation. Tests just show if it works. The docs needs a lot more explanation, why it works and how it is “set up”.

1 Like