WhiteBoard plugin

Hi @linonetwo the Firefox bug seems to have passed away. :wink: Great! Did you fix it, or is it 5.3 ?

Since this works fine now, I would have some desires to have a more intense integration between TW and TLDRAW:
It would be great if

• there was the possibility to drag and drop tiddlers into the map.
  • doubleclicking a transcluded tiddler would open the tiddler (or even better trigger a configurable TW-action)
  • the stickers / fields looked more like the tiddlers

Thanks for this great plugin!

Jan

2 Likes

I think I did some refactor, but not intended for FF, glad to see it is working in FF!

1 Like

Hi @linonetwo thank you for your reply! Do you think any of these desires is realisitic? I am still looking for the best blackboard/mindmap for my classroom wiki, and your whiteboard is the hottest candidate.

1 Like

I surely want them all! So PR is welcome, github repo is GitHub - tiddly-gittly/tiddlywiki-whiteboard: Tiny little drawing app in TW, using tldraw. Providing diagram widget and whiteboard view.

I may not have time to implement them, because I’m busy on TidGi is the first bi-link note taking app with Free Local AI that works totally offline and privately and Which no-code workflow framework is better? NoFlo or Flyde?

Ah! Interesting ideas
Sorry @linonetwo I will not be able to provide the js needed for this. I just wanted to ask whether you think this is in the range of possible developments.
One question: can I directly write in the application/tldr whiteboard tiddlers or d I have to make the deviation to uses the widget.
I was happy to see your fullscreenwhiteboard already uses the layout mechanism. That would fit into my concept.

Another question: The whiteboard saves extremely often, drawing a line in the white-board or resizing a sticker seems to trigger a save-action.
Because the plugin at the same time can easily triple the size of a wiki, it would be interesting to be able to change this behavior in the settings:
For example to just saving if you quit the whiteboard-layout

1 Like

I made an uglyfied version of $ _plugins_linonetwo_tw-react.json (301.9 KB) which saves about 1 mb.

2 Likes

Don’t need to ugilify this plugin manually, you can just install it from CPL.

Are you drag the plugin from demo site? It is a dev version. Our plugin should be installed from CPL.

2 Likes

I think this kind of operation will be only save 0.1 kb of data?

1 Like

Hi @linonetwo I just did some work on the store PHP (recently to implement it in Moodle) .
There and on my server it is saving a new blob every time. So it would be nice to be able to tweak this.

I don’t know what this means, in nodejs wiki and TidGi app, its save file is very small, and is in json formar, not blob.

Store.php is the main part of the mechanism to save single-file-TWs.
I guess this is a single-file-wiki-problem. But in many circumstances PHP is the only way to save - as in moodle where your plugin could be extremely useful to enhance teaching.

I am trying to use whiteboard on TW saved in IPFS
https://ipfs.copylaradio.com/ipns/k51qzi5uqu5dj9jtl937l4tlykv6lnrrhqllrmsf05zezks8pxmc2bvkm1kulc

Shift+Ctrl+L allows to switch to create new
but display is not resized to tiddler
double clic should goes edit mode.
this maybe a plugin or theme confllct ?
What do you think?

Salut @papiche, IPFS looks better and better… but I still do not understand the logic of how to use it privately.
The whiteboard plugin is quite a hard start, because it saves on every tiny little move. I do not know whether IPFS can handle this.

Hi @JanJo,

I was trying some TW plugins to prepare different “Templates”.
It is great Drawio plugin works !! I think Whiteboard should work too.

I have progressed on TW distributed hosting into IPFS.
It adds a “data layer protocol” between TW based on their location on a 0.01° grid and their :star: levels exchanged. Meaning any TW can receive RSS json’s from “in relation” ones.

This is still prototype and being “full p2p” need some fine tuning on shared keys management… I’ll make a publication when achieved. Meanwhile you can contact me to learn how to join actual “Test Net”.

V1.0.0 supports transclude tiddler, and write note inline with wikitext.

Note that v1.0.0 is not compatable with old boards lower than v0.4.0. You may need to use tldraw.com to open old board files (*.tldr) to upgrade them.

4 Likes

This is a wonderful plugin. Thank you for this new update.

1 Like

I may return to such tools soon as I have a tablet on order which includes a stylus.

1 Like