Which no-code workflow framework is better? NoFlo or Flyde?

I consider use which to build tiddlywiki plugin.

GitHub - noflo/noflo-ui: NoFlo Development Environment has smaller size, but its UI is outdated, and require more effort to use because no typescript typing and is separated to too many packages.

Fibonacci Sequence | Playground | Coding, Simplified: Visual Programming with Flyde is larger (10M+), but UI is beautiful and modern. And come with ts typing, easier to maintain.

If choose Flyde, I may embed its editor in TidGi app, instead of make it a plugin, so size won’t be a problem. And its runtime can still be a plugin, so its workflow still runs on mobile.

I think I’ve seen someone mentioning using Node-Red with TW already. So you may search the forum for node-red

just a thought.

No, he is embedding TW in Node-Red, so Node-Red can parse tiddler. He doesn’t want to make node-red a plugin for tw.

But I’m consider make Flyde a tw plugin.

Not considering node-red, because it can’t run on the bowser, only nodejs.

1 Like

I finally decided to use Noflo, it is a very old JS project like tiddlywiki, battle tested, no much external dependency, and is MIT licensed.

And workflow can call AI in Free Local AI that works totally offline and privately, on TidGi - the first bi-link note taking app powered by tw in next release

2 Likes