WhiteBoard plugin

You might also need to install its requirement, ReactJS plugin, better install from https://tw-cpl.netlify.app/ or from Release v0.4.3 · tiddly-gittly/tw-react · GitHub !

The ReactJS plugin in the whiteboard demosite is of dev mode, so size is much larger than the one in the above two websites.

Yes, that was it. I had specifically looked for indications of a dependency when installing the whiteboard, but had not noticed anything. Thanks again for such a beautiful solution!

Sorry, I forget to add tw-react plugin as dependency in plugin.info … I will add it in next version, thanks for this report.

1 Like

Thank you @linonetwo for this! A really great plugin.

I am still experimenting with it but here are some questions;

Is it possible to add more colour options to the colour picker? I would like my ‘stickies’ to be white with no border by default.

Is there a way to toggle the whiteboard edit toolbars on/off? A ‘read only’ mode?

Exporting a whiteboard as an image doesn’t render transclusions in a sticky. Maybe it’s not possible - just feedback.

These are all small questions, the plugin is amazing, thank you, and congratulations on your new job.

Style and font are TODOs, but maybe low priority if I got next gap month :stuck_out_tongue:

I add a readonly=“yes” field to the widget, and make it readonly in View mode, and editable in Edit mode, in v0.3.0

SuperTag plugin, auto-generate a field editor on view template 's demo site heavily uses the whiteboard to demonstrate the ideas.

1 Like

Hello, I have a problem when I use TW Whiteboard.
I use it with TiddlyWiki v5.2.5.
And I use CPL to install it .
The problem is when I use text, I can’t resize the text. Like the following:

Problem-with-TW_whiteboard

I don’t know what’s wrong with it?
This is my TiddlyWiki file, it only have 4 plugins.

Download my TiddlyWiki file here.:arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:

myPlugins.png

My TiddlyWiki File

I really want to use TW Whiteboard. Hope anyone can help me solve this problem. Thanks all.

Hi, thanks for report, seems the bug is caused by CSS. You can try install itonnote-plugin to start using it.

I will try figure out the real cause.

The cause is fontFamily, here is my setting that make it work

-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol"

compare to tiddlywiki default, seems some font name should add " " to them. This might be a bug in tldraw whiteboard system.

-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,Segoe UI,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif,Apple Color Emoji,Segoe UI Emoji;
3 Likes

It’s work! Thank you.:grinning:

Hi @linonetwo,
Is something broken in the demo? I can’t do any edits in the whiteboards and the edit-buttons do not respond.
It would be great to have a link working version for 5.27

I think it have some bug in Firefox, Chrome and Edge works fine. It is in the issue list, I will take time to figure out.

2 Likes

Hi @linonetwo the Firefox bug seems to have passed away. :wink: Great! Did you fix it, or is it 5.3 ?

Since this works fine now, I would have some desires to have a more intense integration between TW and TLDRAW:
It would be great if

• there was the possibility to drag and drop tiddlers into the map.
  • doubleclicking a transcluded tiddler would open the tiddler (or even better trigger a configurable TW-action)
  • the stickers / fields looked more like the tiddlers

Thanks for this great plugin!

Jan

1 Like

I think I did some refactor, but not intended for FF, glad to see it is working in FF!

Hi @linonetwo thank you for your reply! Do you think any of these desires is realisitic? I am still looking for the best blackboard/mindmap for my classroom wiki, and your whiteboard is the hottest candidate.

I surely want them all! So PR is welcome, github repo is GitHub - tiddly-gittly/tiddlywiki-whiteboard: Tiny little drawing app in TW, using tldraw. Providing diagram widget and whiteboard view.

I may not have time to implement them, because I’m busy on TidGi is the first bi-link note taking app with Free Local AI that works totally offline and privately and Which no-code workflow framework is better? NoFlo or Flyde?

Ah! Interesting ideas
Sorry @linonetwo I will not be able to provide the js needed for this. I just wanted to ask whether you think this is in the range of possible developments.
One question: can I directly write in the application/tldr whiteboard tiddlers or d I have to make the deviation to uses the widget.
I was happy to see your fullscreenwhiteboard already uses the layout mechanism. That would fit into my concept.

Another question: The whiteboard saves extremely often, drawing a line in the white-board or resizing a sticker seems to trigger a save-action.
Because the plugin at the same time can easily triple the size of a wiki, it would be interesting to be able to change this behavior in the settings:
For example to just saving if you quit the whiteboard-layout

I made an uglyfied version of $ _plugins_linonetwo_tw-react.json (301.9 KB) which saves about 1 mb.

1 Like