Section Editor Plugin: First Stable Release

Aaah, let’s not do the double-click conversation here! Sorry I mentioned it!

(Maybe as an option though. I use it all the time)

I had the TW5 tool (plugin?) for double-clicking installed for about 5 minutes. It was nice to open the tiddlers, but I need double-click to select all day long!

This simple section:

!! A journey of a thousand miles

Stuff about the journey

!!! Begins in May

Stuff about May

Only presents me with one button, not the two I was expecting. Is this intended?

The tutorial

• Start writing your long tiddler
  • Dont forget to add h1 and h2 to divide your tiddler into sections

This looks amazing! I intend to use it immediately. Congratulations on your first stable release!

This will make tiddler editing so much easier. Using templates instead of macros is very interesing, and I want to study how you did it when I get some free time. It’s been a busy week :frowning:

1 Like

It seems intended, yes. $:/plugins/kookma/section/viewtemplates/sections is using the regexp you proposed \n(?=!{1,2}[^!]). I think later on users could choose templates or clone/make their own.

I guess that’s ironic. I almost never use header ! (level 1) because it renders so gigantically on screen.

@Birthe - I appreciate your feedback! In dependency of plugin I have added Shiraz!
But you are right, I should add note to installation doc.

I am thinking to merge this with Shiraz, or make it independent! It seems Tiddlywiki does not respect the plugin dependencies!

@Mark_S as explained above only heading 1 and 2 create sections, but I will add this to settings to customize the number of levels!

I am also thinking to not sectionize the preface or the beginning parts with no heading!

I have forgotten the post, but there was discussion by @saqimtiaz and @jeremyruston for TW5.2.0 where they recommend transclusion/templates versus macro! and it seems TW can optimize transcultion/template but not macros!

Lets they explain themselves!

@Mohammad

Please, if possible, make Section Editor independent! I am thinking, that you have created what many - an often new users have asked for for years. It is also easy to start using.
Shiraz also makes things easier, but I think it can be quite overwhelming for new users.

2 Likes

Great @Mohammad This looks promising!

I agree with @pmario about icon x, you should use another one :slight_smile:

On Android (phone), Firefox 92, I don’t see the edit section icon.

@Sylvain, @Mark_S
I am working on settings to have option for different styles of disclosure element!

@Birthe - I will make SE independent! I have to add some stylesheets

1 Like

Just to clarify, I don’t see any option to edit the section. Maybe a CSS issue?

I think this was about the mechanisms in the core for caching the results of parsing a tiddler or macro. We do in fact cache the parse tree for macros that don’t use textual substitution, but the refresh cycle can cause the cached data to be discarded, so there could be an argument that transcluding tiddlers is sometimes faster than transcluding macros. But I would be inclined in practice to take measurements before making decisions.

1 Like

A single header line at the bottom doesn’t create a section icon.

!! A journey of a thousand miles

Stuff about the journey

!! Begins in May

Stuff about May

Sometimes I wish it would begin. And begin

!! Another line

@Mohammad I did create a new thread: Some technical details that may help us to extend the possibilities for wikitext based editors which is related to your Section Editor Plugin. I didn’t want to “derail” this thread.

1 Like

Section Editor can accept customized styles for sections! You can select preset styles from Settings page! The next update will is coming!

Stay tuned!

img_541_%pn

1 Like

Has the demo site been updated? Everything I’m seeing looks like 0.2.6 from the 6th.