Mod of the Sticky-ToDo-Plugin: Filter to sort extracted strings by the date at the end of the string wanted

Gotcha. Not at my computer at the moment, but if blanks are possible I suggest changing the regex + signs in the quotes to *

Also, try changing the end
]]
to
]else[9999]]

Which might treat no date like year 9999?

1 Like

Hi stobot,
Regex is black magic… I do not know how i spoiled it.
I’ll try again next year. :woozy_face:

Hi @stobot,
I finally found out, that I was struggling with the syntax of the subsort-operator
Now it is working.

Thanks a lot and best wishes Jan

1 Like

Sshhhh!
With the help of @stobot the mod is now a plugin which adds the possibility to add a who and a due to the ToDo
Warning: It only works with wikis 5.2 + and is not entirely translated from German.
You can modify a dictionary-tiddler to change the language.
It would be nice to post the .jsons of the translations here, I will link them in the wiki.
As always, backup before installing.
Here it is:
http://szen.io/ToDo/

4 Likes

@JanJo Thanks for this mod of sticky todos. I like the purpose behind such a mod and plan to use it in my wikis. I also need a filter to list the todos with due-date of today in today’s journal tiddler. Can you please help to create that filter?

untested!
I guess you will create a viewtemplate for this.

You could use the ToDo-sidebar-date Macro and modify the ToDo-date macro to

\define ToDo-date() [<currentTiddler>search-replace::regexp[.*<<ToDo ".+?" ".*?" "(.*?)">>.*],[$1]match<now>]

I guess this is the ToDo-sidebar-date Macro that you are talking about ?

\define ToDo-sidebar-date()
<$list filter="[regexp:text!is[system]!is[current]first[1]]" emptyMessage={{$:/plugins/JJ/ToDo/settings##done-message}} variable=“x”>
<>
<$wikify name=“ToDo-filter-result” text=<>>
<$list filter="[regexp:text!is[system]!is[current]subfilterget[text]join[spl1t]]" variable=“longstring”>
<$list filter="[splitregexp[\n|spl1t]regexpsortsub]" variable=“line”>
<div style=“margin-left:2em;text-indent:-1em;” title=<> > {{{ [search-replace::regexp[.<<ToDo “.+?” ".?" “(.)">>.],[$1]] }}}
<$list filter=”[search]">
<$list filter="[search-replace::regexp{$:/plugins/JJ/ToDo/settings##sidebar-search},[$1]]" variable=“line-clean”><></$list>
</$list>

</$list>

</$list>
</$wikify>
</$list>
\end

Am i supposed to copy paste the same in the $:/plugins/JJ/ToDo/macros ?

And which parts of that macro should i replace with \define ToDo-date() [<currentTiddler>search-replace::regexp[.*<<ToDo ".+?" ".*?" "(.*?)">>.*],[$1]match<now>]

@JanJo Hope to get some help from you regarding this filter and macro once you are back.

This feature request is solved as discussed here.

Can the dynaannotate plug-in be used to insert the todo macro to some text contents within the tiddler body in the view mode?

1 Like

Smart idea, i also already ask myself whether/how to use dynanotate to insert or replace the annotated text as a sort of review tool.

Me too was thinking about how to create cloze or Q&A type flashcards inline using the same approach of sticky ToDos and collect them for review in a central repository or deck.

I saw a similar approach here using dynaannotate. This was created by @Sii I guess. See this video. https://m.imgur.com/zzgCtEk

Thats when I started thinking about the possiblity of using dynaannotate to create sticky todos. Not sure whether its doable or not.

@Mark_S has also done some work on dynaannotate. May be he can give some insights regarding this.

@Mark_S what do you think? is it possible insert a Q&A or cloze macro to certain portions of the text using dynannotate so that those can be reviewed later.

@JanJo Did you get any answer for this query. It would be a nice addition to the dynannotate plug in if it’s already not possible. May be @jeremyruston can give some insight regarding this.

@JanJo Have a look at this context menu add in.

1 Like

Thanks, @arunnbabu81,
Is there demo? I could not find one in that thread… have you already succeeded in implementing that?

https://mcl-contextmenu.tiddlyhost.com/

This is wiki I created for testing this add on of context menu created by @fastfreddy . It is not a demo per se. You can test here.

1 Like

Hi @arunnbabu81 thanks for building this!
It works better than the version i just saw in the thread.
It would be good if you linked it in that thread as well.

BTW: I Just saw there is still my German Text in the modal, I guess you were able to change it for your purpose… if not mail me.

@fastfreddy has uploaded a demo cum plug in site here. Did you check this?

That was because I drag and drop the plug in from your demo site. In my personal wiki, I use a modified plug in which I had translated to English