Gatha Plugin: Beta Release - Create and Distribute Tiddlywiki Plugins

I’m thinking about the possibility to add: “Save as plugin” to the bundler. … But I’m not 100% sure about the consequences.

The bundler was deliberately designed to “bundle” tiddlers that can be removed. … Mohammad’s usecase shows, that there can be advantages in bundling them as plugins. eg: Students need a “safety net”. …

Gatha has got new update.

Code and demo

Release 0.8.1

• Feb 11th, 2022
  • [NEW] add ui to allow perform complex search and add results as extra tiddlers
  • [NEW] add ui to allow list tiddlers in hierarchical order (like table of contents) to any depth and add results as extra tiddlers
  • [FIXED] few ui issues

This version has a semi hidden button, to create a UI lets you to add extra tiddlers

• using filter search
  • using hierarchical list (e.g. tiddlers in hierarchical order like a table of contents to any depth)

This new UI addresses the request by @CodaCoder! :wink: so it is kind of dedicated button :wink:

Screencast

img_936_msedge

1 Like

SUPERB!

Now I gather GATHA is a game changer! :slight_smile:

Do you think the “Add Bulk” tiddler should be a popup/modal to avoid the story river?

1 Like

I prefer flat simple tiddler! also opening a tiddler in story river is simpler!

I don’t see a button “make plugin”. Just export. My “extra” tiddlers don’t appear in the plugin. Do I have to export and then import?

There doesn’t seem to be a way to edit the plugin fields after the initial set up.

The initial menu omits the list field, which is needed for the readmes.

Edit: I see, you get them as boilerplates.

After I’ve loaded a plugin, how do I unload it?

Thanks!

Mark
Please follow screenshots here: Gatha Plugin: Experimental Release - Plugins - Talk TW (tiddlywiki.org)

Ps: I replied here but I dont know why my reply to you appeared in Gatha Plugin: Experimental Release - Plugins - Talk TW (tiddlywiki.org) :wink:

Please note:

It is by design to not package the plugin in the production wiki
Gatha exports plugins as packaged JSON for single file Tiddliwki
Gatha also exports plugins as plugin folder for client+server configuration
Gatha exports demo.html (next release hopefully) an empty.html + plugin

So… if I’m following this correctly…

When I export to plugin, the source tiddlers are left in the production wiki largely untouched? I’m thinking I should develop the sources in the production wiki, build the plugin using Gatha, export the plugin, then consume it in my other wikis. Correct?

I like the sound of that - keep the dev setup clean and separate from the consumers

1 Like

If you’ve loaded an existing plugin, how can you delete any of the normalized (properly named) tiddlers ? There is no “X” box for them.

If I delete an entire plugin, then I also delete my Gatha entry. How can I delete the plugin (or the contents of the plugin) without removing Gatha? The goal here is to have all the tiddlers as normal (non-shadow) tiddlers so I can work on them without worrying about their shadows. Also to be able to delete* tiddlers.

Thanks!

• *Actually, the goal is to rename the tiddlers. But if I could delete then I could use whatever name I wanted.

Yes, If you compare with Tinka, it uses the same wiki to package the plugin, so you have to save, reload, and then for edit see the message this is a shadow tiddler etc…
But here you have a production environment, and when you make the plugin, at the export time it will be created on the fly and is sent to JSON, ZIP or Demo.html (this one is in v0.9).

Yes!

1 Like

Well, you cannot delete tiddlers from loaded plugins, as they are still plugin! I will add this feature to next version.

Then I think you should transfer your answer to the documentation. Until you answered Mark’s question, I wasn’t aware of that (key) point.

Good stuff, Mo. :heart:

Export demo.html

Gatha has got new feature! It can export a customized demo.html.
The demo.html is an empty.html + plugin + filtered list of your selected tiddlers (and extra plugins).

This make Gatha a real game changer!

The next release is in the way! Stay tuned

Screencast

img_952_msedge

2 Likes

Gatha has got a new update: v0.8.5

Release 0.8.5

• Feb 15th, 2022
  • [NEW] publish plugin along with demo.html
  • [NEW] use publishFilter to export docs and filtered list of tiddlers with demo.html
  • [NEW] backup plugin source (export the plugin source as json bundle)
  • [NEW] backup buton is draggable to drga and drop the plugin source into another wiki
  • [NEW] Gatha setting tiddlers (in Sidebar > More and in $:/ControlPanel > Settings > Gatha)
  • [NEW] config to hide/show the “load plugin” button, by default it is hidden
  • [NEW] config to hide/show the “add extra tiddlers” button, by default it is hidden
  • [NEW] toggle plugin fields visibility in edit mode
  • [FIXED] drag and drop on extra tiddler only work for internal tiddlers
  • [FIXED] color of button for the extra tiddlers tree
  • [FIXED] extra macros were removed
  • [FIXED] extra fields are not passed to packaged tiddler

Special thanks go to @saqimtiaz for this update.

1 Like

In update v0.8.5 the plugin fields all are visible as asked by @TW_Tones. You need to use setting page to hide all of them or hide selected fields

img_955_msedge

2 Likes

In v0.8.5, while you can export the plugin source for backup purpose, you can drag and drop a plugin source from one production wiki to another

img_959_msedge

Release 0.9.0

• Feb 16th, 2022
  • [NEW] load plugin to edit

Code and demo

Use with care! This is experimental

@Mark_S
The load plugin now works, please do some experiment and let me know your feedback!

@telmiger
Would you have a look at the plugin load menu! The color of text does not work as expected! For vanilla palette on hover the text shall be in white and background in blue! This menu works like tiddler viewtoolbar.
The underlaying tiddler is here: $:/plugins/kookma/gatha/import/load-plugin

Load plugins into Gatha

Load other plugins into Gatha to edit and modify!

Please always check copyright and permission to edit other plugin not yours!

img_961_msedge

Do not forget to config your Gatha

I hope I can publish the stable release over the weekends.
So any feedback, issue report is highly welcome!