[[tiddler title or phrase]] result in links to a missing or existing tiddler. As I understand it the TiddlyWiki parsing is responsible for this.
I have a set of use cases where I would like to hack this link, a bit like one may hack a list item template.
- A really simple example maybe on mouse over a link showing a tooltip obtained from the target tiddler. I can do this in my own code with custom list item templates etc…
- However in this case I would like to be able to do this for any/all links that appear in wikitext.
- I believe CSS can be applied to such links as it rendered as follows eg;
<a class="tc-tiddlylink tc-tiddlylink-missing" href="#A%20link">A link</a>
- However Imagine if every link actually transcluded a “link item template” who’s default behaviour was as expected, but in which I could introduce alternate code for such links.
- Has this being done before?
- If not how could we do it?
- Would or must it be a core modification?
- Is it a useful hack we could add to the core?
- Could we do something similar via the freelinks plugin?
I just want to mention @jeremyruston and @pmario because I believe either of you may understand this already, as I am sure others do.
- Happy to illustrate why this would be a valuable hack, but to many I expect it may be self evident.