Drag and drop content rather than titles

Folks,

I am building a text or code bin that can contain content, you can click to copy to clipboard then paste it where you want it, most likely into the editor.

However I would like to make the same button draggable so I can just drag the content into the editor as well, however by default it only drags tiddler titles not the content of the tiddlers text field.

I have previously build my own dropzone etc… which works, but we have to add actions on drop to retrieve the text field content. But in this case I would like the start of the drag to retrieve the tiddlers content so I can drop the content on the editor.

If I am not wrong tiddlywiki drag and drop tools are bound to tiddler titles not other content.

Any guidance appreciated, hopefully I will be able to add something to the docs

I believe this is part of what Señor Gifford announced the other day: Requesting someone to adopt my "Draggy" experiment

1 Like

It is correct that the <$draggable> widget is currently restricted to payloads made up of existing tiddlers. It would definitely be useful to extend it with additional attributes to allow arbitrary payloads. Beyond plain text we could also support dragging arbitrary data types (eg images or other binaries).

1 Like