Demo of a new WYSIWYG editor: slate-write (unstable alpha stage)

I personally always close WYSIWYG mode when done editing, so I won’t mis-type something into it. So for me, I always click links on View mode.

I haven’t recently update WYSIWYG editor because How to serailize macro call, distinguish from transclusion? · Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5 · Discussion #7646 · GitHub block the dev of GitHub - tiddly-gittly/wikiast: Wiki AST transformation for WYSIWYG editor and advanced dynamic widgets in Tiddlywiki. , which is an important depencency of slate-write.

But this can be a small improvment. I can take time for this.

1 Like

@Erpel I think this is fixed somehow! Maybe in a upgrade last year.

Really love your plugin, @linonetwo – I tried it with a clean install of TiddlyWiki as my previous (Stroll) version seemed to conflict. But I still have the same uncaught error exception.

Here are the list of plugins I have installed, one of which may conflict:

• Autocomplete (Evidently Cube)
  • Relink
  • Stories
  • ContextPlugin
  • favorites
  • Freelinks
  • Link to Tabs
  • Editor auto-list

I suspected it was the Autocomplete plugin that may conflict but disabling it still made me get the Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘removeChild’)

I couldn’t see anything in the console so I’m confused…

Also, I’m a bit confused with SlateWrite about:

• what the space/slash initiation of “commands” does? what commands?
  • how to autocomplete the names of tiddlers when typing [[

Thanks again!

/ and [[ should work on demo site. If it doesn’t, there might be some bug. For me, it stop working years ago, because it have performance issue on wiki larger than 10000 tiddlers.

To debug conflict, you can try drag your plugins to the demo site.

Oh wow, 10,000! What do you use it for, if you don’t mind sharing?

Oh / works, I can see the opening box, but I don’t know what it is for and how to close it?

I think esc will close the box, it may need some repair though.

I mostly use WYSIWYG editor for outline editing, press - or * will create list, and press tab will indent, shift tab un-indent, so it is an outline editor. I don’t use much other features recently.

oh, you mean how I get 10000 tiddlers, I use Calendar and Agenda plugin tw-calendar with Mobile friendly agenda page layout for quick diary, so each day will have 10 tiddlers, and I use GitHub - tiddly-gittly/Browser-Extension-Tiddlywiki-Collector: Clip web contents into TiddlyWiki (NodeJS Ver./TidGi APP) and use TiddlyWiki as a bookmark. to save websites, it also increase a lot.