Community Curated AutoComplete Triggers

AutoComplete as an essential TiddlyWiki plugin can save you alot when you take note or when you develop a script. It also helps newcomers to get onboard with less pain.

Here I have collected community developed triggers. The collection can help you to develop your own, of find triggers meet your requirement.

snippet.json (1.2 KB)
advanced-filter-search-autocomplete.json (883 Bytes)
ctags-autocomplete.json (958 Bytes)
doc-svg-utility-autocomplete.json (589 Bytes)
Favorites_Folder_Exported_AutoComplete.json (15.7 KB)
shiraz-macros-autocomplete.json (2.6 KB)
color-from-palette.json (640 Bytes)
color-name-from-palette.json (619 Bytes)
insert-char.json (486 Bytes)
insert-class.json (741 Bytes)
time-code.json (1.7 KB)
transclude-ui-button.json (544 Bytes)
Trigger_ShortcutsHelp.json (640 Bytes)
TonyM-autocomplete-triggers.json (5.0 KB)
Zheng_Refnotes.json (2.1 KB)

Please help

This is a wiki post! Edit it and add other useful triggers you find in the forum, and you have developed.

NOTE: Most of above triggers with demo and code are collected from : Auto Complete plugin 1.0.15 - Complete tiddlers, fields and your dreams - Plugins - Talk TW (tiddlywiki.org). See below posts.

3 Likes

AutoComplete Shortcuts Help

I always forget the shortcut keys for not frequent triggers in use! So, I used AutoComplete itself to show me the shortcuts in the current TiddlyWiki.

img_284_msedge

1. Download Trigger_ShortcutsHelp.json (640 Bytes)
  2. Drag and drop into Evidently Cube TiddlyWiki5 Plugin Showcase — All the TW5 plugins developed by me!
  3. Open a new tiddler
  4. Start typing ?h
  5. Enjoy the use of shortcuts hlep (all shortcuts are there…)

This is just to remember AutoComplete shortcuts, instead of opening one by one from $:/ControlPanel. It does not do anything else.

1 Like

AutoComplete for Refnotes

It should be much simpler to configure with auto complete plugin. Attached my config for Refnotes.

tiddlers.json (2.1 KB)

1 Like

Auto Complete and Category Tags
It seems Auto Complete is more powerful than I expect. Here is an example to create Category Tags or Featured Tags one may like to see when he/she tags a tiddler.

img_116_msedge

• Auto Complete allows to trigger autocompletion in tag and field input boxes

Code and Demo

NOTE: This solution uses data Tiddler.

5 Likes

Auto Complete for Shiraz

Shiraz has a bunch of macros; one may use them in daily wikitexting. Auto Complete nicely works with macro autocompletion to insert Shiraz macros in tiddler text. See a screenshot below

img_119_msedge

Code and Demo

NOTE: You can open the data tiddler $:/EvidentlyCube/DataTiddler/Macros/Shiraz and add/remove macros or change the definition as you like.

5 Likes

Auto Complete and Utility Plugin

If you have Utility plugin then you can use Auto Complete to insert svgs using doc-svg from Utility.

Code and Demo

Screenshot

img_122_msedge

3 Likes

My general user case is to create snippet tiddlers (without tag $:/tags/TextEditor/Snippet) which include the common texts and macro calls, e.g. interstitial macro. All snippets are starting with $:/bangyou/snippet/.

!! Activity

@@.interstitial

@@

<<interstitial focus:"no">>

Now the predefined texts can be inserted into editing tiddler.

snippet

2 Likes

Use Auto Complete with Advanced Search Filters in any Custom Searchbox

img_128_msedge

Demo and Code

1. download advanced-filter-search-autocomplete.json (883 Bytes)
  2. drag and drop into Evidently Cube TiddlyWiki5 Plugin Showcase — All the TW5 plugins developed by me!
  3. Open Test Advanced Search Filter in Custom Searchbox tiddler
  4. Start typing filter:
  5. Enjoy the use of advanced filter search from $:/AdvancedSearch
4 Likes

Thanks for this plugin, it’s great !

Some of the triggers I created:

8 Likes