Announcing my plugin library

Hi all,

I’ve been working on a plugin library for a while and I feel it’s mature enough to share:

https://benwebber.github.io/tiddlywiki-plugins/

These are all small plugins I’ve extracted from my own wikis. If you find them useful too, that’s even better!

Plugin developers may find the code interesting. I use TypeScript and Tailwind CSS. Each plugin avoids polluting the global macro namespace as much as possible using private macros. motion and tag-count are interesting examples of more advanced hacking, but some of the pure wikitext ones are pretty interesting too.

Ben

21 Likes

Thank you, Ben!
It is added to Tiddlywiki Community Plugin Libraries - Discussion - Talk TW

Remarks
The name I used is BWPL, if you don’t like the name edit it on (Tiddlywiki Community Plugin Libraries)

2 Likes

Nice job! :100:

Would you be interested in trying Modern.TiddlyDev? It’s a new developer-friendly tool for writing TypeScript plugins, along with tw5-typed, a TypeScript type library for tiddlywiki.

2 Likes

@benwebberThank you for sharing.

I really like checklist (very neat checklist macro which stores all data in single field) and motion (vim bindings)

2 Likes

Sure, I’ll give a shot. The development server is a good idea. My main annoyance with my current workflow is the feedback loop. For pure wikitext plugins I usually start in the browser, but it gets more annoying when you add JS and CSS.

2 Likes

Wow. Just wow.

I can see myself using almost every one of these, and likely soon. Thank you very much for sharing.

expand makes me think of the footnotes on https://fivethirtyeight.com. I don’t need footnotes for my current work, but I thought that when I did, I would have a go at implementing something like that. I now have a great model to start from.

Thanks all for the warm reception.

If you’ve installed checklist, I recommend updating it to 0.2.1. I fixed several bugs I should have caught before release.

Hey just seeing this tonight. Great job! We are really being blessed with new plugins, macros and libraries lately.

Wow, you did the tag-count thing – something I tried to build myself but without enough skills to make it consistent. Thanks!

-Springer

Good stuff!
I have the tabs counter installed!
I also enjoyed reading the coffee pot control protocol!.