A multi-column Layout / Storyview (new Thread)

@BurningTreeC

The solution told here is not working for hotzone and echarts TheBrain (The error message is not seen, but the TheBrain echarts is not working)

Here is a demo wiki - https://mcl-echarts.tiddlyhost.com/

I have embedded the demo site of echarts TheBrain also inside the wiki for comparison

Hey all,

are people still using MCL?

best wishes,
Simon

I have not lately but it remains an essential alternative way to making use of tiddlywiki. It seems to me, but a matter of time, until I have a solution that demands it.

Very much so! It is brilliant!

I have some comments for tweaking it a bit.

But only if you have time: I am aware of your music-ing and boating activities :innocent:.

TT

Yes! Every day, it is a genuine quality of life improvement and indeed brilliant as TT said!
I love it!

Hi @TiddlyTweeter ,

please go ahead and let me know :slight_smile:

Thank you,
Simon

@BurningTreeC is this possible?

I think the ensamble button is the beginnings of what a layout button could be… *dreams of switching on and off combinations of plugins, themes, fixed and fluid, then being able to save it at the push of a button, able to switch between configurations… *

Granted becomes a little problematic on the save and refresh plugins but…

Yes. MCL is still installed on my wiki. Gets regular use.

Of course, and welcome back! We missed you!

Hey all,

nice to hear that MCL is still in use :slight_smile:
That motivates me to improve it!

I’m still using it daily for work purposes where it’s some kind of a filterable information dashboard
I’m also using the “github topbar” - how would the ideal topbar look like for you?

Thank you and best wishes,
Simon

I think this should be a new thread

1 Like

@BurningTreeC I am experiencing this bug when I am using context-menu plug in with MCL. Here is a demo. The context menu doesn’t even appear on right clicking.

Hi, you can update the tw version to get the layout icon Is there a button to switch layout? - #17 by linonetwo

And as suggested in Feat/button default layout by linonetwo · Pull Request #7197 · Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5 · GitHub you can have an unique icon field in layout tiddler, to show it in the list.

1 Like

Hi @BurningTreeC

I started experimenting with your multi-column layout today for the first time and I really like it so far. Very interesting concept and I am considering using it with my Kansas Railroad wiki. I do have a question though. I use the MenuBar plugin with my wiki, but it disappears when I switch to the multi-column layout. Is there a way that I can have the best of both worlds, i.e., have multi-column layout and the MenuBar?

Thanks!

Edit: I did find where you mentioned adding the tag $:/tags/TopToolbar to create a menu bar. I did that to replicate the MenuBar plugin in two ways (though not at the same time). Adding the tag to $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/menubar/menu and a brand new tiddler with the same contents as .$:/plugins/tiddlywiki/menubar/menu. In both cases, the menu shows up just fine, but none of the links in the menu work. Buttons pull down the menu options or do commands, but I can’t open any tiddlers from the links in the menu.

1 Like

Hey.
First off - I love your tool, it’s great.

I’ve also run into some plugin incompatibilities - the “preview” plugin which shows a preview of a tiddler when hovering internal links loses its position reference, and I’m guessing tries to position the pop-up relative to the global window scrollbar, instead of the small sub-scrollbars you’ve introduced.

I was wondering if you could give me a hint as to how I can identify which scrollbar/dom element to position relative to. I could not see the dom changing in a way that would give me an easy answer - maybe it’s all JS? I’ll appreciate some insight.

Thanks in advance. I love the plugin.
-qqq

Hi @BurningTreeC ,
nice to see you so motivated. I would say there are not many wishes for MultiCollumn left open.I am still fascinated of the great floating and dragging feel of the your plugin.

My desire would be to have something that allows to turn a story into a pinboard in this smooth way. I would be great If it was possible to leave the tiddlers floating, either with a repaired version of your Hammer-Plugin or with @saqimtiazfloating thing .

@BurningTreeC Can you take a look at these two

Hello @arunnbabu81

the RSOD is a compatibility problem between MCL and the context menu plugin. I don’t know where it’s looking for a string, but apparently it doesn’t find one.

The ensemble feature can be made a separate plugin, sure.
I’ll have to think about it a bit, there needs to be a way to configure the additional fields if needed.

:+1:

anything can be done about it?

anything can be done about it?

the creator of the contextmenu plugin can probably tell you more about it