What strategie to handle overwritten shadow and core tiddlers is recommended and practicable?

@TW_Tones ¹, my comment is still a question, but anyhow I hope you can take it as a kind of feedback :wink:

What strategie to handle overwritten shadow and core tiddlers is recommended and practicable?

¹ I’m referring to this thread
Just a general comment. There are many threads sequestered from poverty - #8 by TW_Tones

I did move this question into its own thread.

I add a personal tag “Modified TW” on them. I use my tag to find an artifact created by myself once a time.

The $:/ControlPanel : Info : Basics tab shows this:

1 Like

I’ve been thinking quite a lot about this topic recently. I rely on these two tiddlers: ModifiedShadowTiddlers.json (404 Bytes)
ModifiedShadowTimeline.json (725 Bytes)

ModifiedShadowTiddlers is an alphabetical list of all tiddlers, and ModifiedShadowTimeline shows the modified shadow tiddlers in a timeline view, which I use to see at a glance what shadow tiddlers have been changed.

In general, it is better not to edit the core tiddlers, but instead duplicate their function into a separate tiddler and tag the tiddler accordingly, then remove the tag from the shadow tiddler you are replicating.

@Vingolf unfortunately I have no idea what you mean, and what feedback I am supposed to get here.

Unfortunately @Mario 's moving this to its own thread seems to make the issue more complex. But solvable.

So I followed the link to the thread @Vingolf then followed my link to How to Quickly upgrade your single file wikis on Windows where mario has split it to this thread. Note I just renamed the upgrade thread to # How to Quickly upgrade your single file wikis in Browser due to a question there.

My assumption is Mario has moved dealing with overwritten shadow tiddlers to its own thread so it does not complicate the Upgrade Instruction’s. I too have suggested twmat do something similar.