Just a general comment. There are many threads sequestered from poverty

hmmm, I did have a look at the history and there aren’t too many threads in the Discussion category that have 0 replies. …

Can you point out some of those threads?

1 Like

Simple questions get snuffed within minutes. Faster than I can type, anyway.

But what I notice is that there are more questions involving arcane technologies or 3rd party tools. When you’re boldly going where no one has gone before, don’t expect to find a convenience store.

1 Like

Right. It is an issue in a way. Mainly I am aware a relatively small number actually answer; and those are mainly those who actually know what they are doing (good!). The “community” here is very good indeed. But I do think our numbers puts a strain on answerers.

Comments
TT

I take offense to that. I have no clue what I’m doing! :smiley:

2 Likes

Don’t think for a second I’m going to let you just waltz in and be acclaimed as poster child for cluelessness…

Oh the sponges to confound and corrupt …

I have one (of a number) example Paste from Clipboard? where no one answered the question.

I also have a few with no replies that are tips and tricks, and I do not expect a reply ie they are not questions, but it would be good to get feedback. Interestingly if it becomes a wiki page post you can not use “likes” to feedback, and you may have multiple editors but no replies.

Example How to Quickly upgrade your single file wikis on Windows

TBH, @pmario I was more thinking about engagement with both issues and solutions. For instance, I think it is sad that your Custom Markup has still not got the full attention it seriously deserves!

IMO we likely just don’t have enough people. I mean it is not intentional, but for serious developers like you it is cramping not to get decent feedback.

TT, x

Ha! Very funny! It is interesting in that some of us aren’t offinados of TW deep code but do have some sense on innovative usage in a Lego way with it. You are a pretty good “Lego Man”?

TT, x

Right! The issue I thought interesting was that folk like you, of which there ain’t many, really do superb work to help others.

How would we clone you?

TT, love in the Polly

I think that is the core of what I’m trying to point to.

It is nobody’s fault as such. Rather, it is an apport of the how we do business here I think? What I mean is that the medium itself makes us progressively tolerant of dead-ends. Active folk like you I see spending huge energy for “us” that languishes. I have no solutions. It makes me kinda sad.

TT, x

If everyone moved to UDINE all problems would be solved … :smiley:

TT,

Your contribution is critical, even if sometimes I do not understand the references or language. You are often like the people, who greet those coming on board the “love boat”, or the recreation leader in an English summer camp (AKA Carry on series :slight_smile: ) or for a more recent example a five star hotel concierge. You stimulate out of left field thinking or support others that do so you are critical to keeping the discussions well oiled.

Thanks

1 Like

LOL! “CARRY ON TIDDLYWIKI” … Lo, there is an humongous felicitation in our area. :smiley:

@TW_Tones, you are very kind. I am kinda whacky. I really do think TW is a major achievement and that @jeremyruston in a way sells himself short. He should be a star.

Regarding the OP, it is about the mechanics of answers here. It troubles me that very dedicated folk with technical skill (which I don’t have) often seem to labour a lot helping others and I’d like see that, at minimal, more acknowledged.

TT

1 Like

I’m not concerned about that. I would be worried, if there where a lot of requests, that I can’t reply to.

I think it’s a “niche” plugin, for power users with a very special desire, to create their own domain specific syntax / language.

It allows users to add their own layer of abstraction to the existing wikitext macro and widget calls.

hihi, I think there is more feedback than I can “digest”. There are probably more than 600 posts about a single topic. :wink:

Thanks for the forthright reply. Maybe I’m wrong thinking there is any issue? Anyway, I do hope Custom Markup gets used more, as it is ace.

TT

Related to the OP is what things look like till you grasp TWese … It can seem weird … POLLIE FALLORY speaks … she indexes the names of birds as she struggles with TW … although she was affected by the VUE (Violent Unkown Event) at that time …

I for one plan to make full use of the custom mark-up in tree fundamentally different ways;

• A few simple additions to mark-up to address what I feel are fundamental limitations of Wiki Mark-up
  • On occasion to address and simplify a solution through custom mark-up
  • To provide a suit of custom mark-up to assist in authoring sophisticated documents but providing mark-up to handle all the elements and there presentation in Authored content eg books, manuals, work instructions etc…

As you can see from these above they will occur when the time arrises ie not everyday solutions but specific use cases.

1 Like

Back to the topic of questions / topics which have gone unanswered, sometimes the mere task of writing out the question / problem, makes it easier to solve it on your own. Understanding the philosophy of TiddlyWiki is not always intuitive, but the more I read and use TiddlyWiki, my knowledge continues to expand.

3 Likes

I do aggree with you, although it is nice to get some feedback sometimes.
At least to know that somebody has read your question or problem at all :roll_eyes:

Using emojis may be a suitable form of feedback for this purpose :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like