Using OpenAI API from TiddlyWiki

Hi folks,

I want to use the openAI API to submit a query to chatgpt, and receive the response in a new tiddler.

I’ve been working on integrating chatgpt (and others, like perplexity and gemini advanced) with TiddlyWiki, mostly by processing the exported json files that openAI provides.

I’ve been newly inspired by this video, showing a user chatting with and receiving responses from chatgpt within an emacs buffer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsRnh_brggM

I want to do the same thing within TiddlyWiki.

Thoughts?

Here are four topics where the community has discussed ChatGPT and Tiddlywiki:

I don’t have any idea about your question, as I’ve entirely avoided Generative AI, but I want to offer a little celebration on your having opened the ten thousandth topic in the forum!

:fireworks:

1 Like

Here is another thread that I’d missed: Artificial intelligence in TW - This is how, basically! - #8 by linonetwo

You can use action widget to send HTTP requst, see example on hyper-tabld plugin doc - LoadPivotTableExampleJSON

I use this technique to write GitHub - tiddly-gittly/ai-actionstring: AI actions for TiddlyWiki CommandPalette , but is not finished yet. You can get some idea from

If only I had learned Emacs!