Typescript types for tiddlywiki

tw5-typed - npm See its readme for usage.

Currently, only some basic types I’ve used during development, hope more developers can add detailed methods to it, so we can inspect methods without the need to go through the source code.

3 Likes

Thank you @linonetwo , I was just looking for something to do this.

Hi guys!

I’ve unknowingly been working on the same thing. Great work, @linonetwo! I’ve uploaded my type declarations to GitHub - neumark/tw5-type-declarations: Typescript type declarations for TiddlyWiki5 . Generally speaking, they’re behind tw5-typed, but the widget events are described in greater detail (still a work in progress though).

@linonetwo, would you be interested in combining our projects and submitting the result to definitely typed?

Best,
Peter

1 Like

Hi @neumark , While developing https://github.com/tiddly-gittly/slate-write I constantly adding new types to the typing, it change frequently, so using a small repo that I can push and publish at ease is better. I’m planning to add it to definitely typed next year, after it gets stable.

definitely typed 's repo is too big, seems very uneasy to update if we need to clone the full repo to local disk. If this is not a problem, I’m glad to merge all changes to definitely typed recently if I had time.

feel free to merge our code, or submit to definitely typed.
I don’t have much time here because there are lots of bugs in my WYSIWYG editor to fix

Awesome, thank you, will do!
How can I attribute your contribution? Should I refer to you as linonetwo?
I used namespace declarations because they can be merged from several files (and thus may be extended by users of the type declaration package).
I saw you used module declarations which I am not familiar with. Is there any reason to go with those instead?
Have a nice day,
Peter

Checked out slate-write. Man, it’s impressive!

1 Like

Hi @neumark , are you still there? I was busy doing other things and out of community for a while.

Have you published the @types/tiddlywiki ? I didn’t found it in the npm. Do you need help?

I saw projects in definited-typed are using module declarations, so I copy this style so PR to it can be easier.

If you found it costs too much time to adapt this style, I can instead do the merge and PR to definited-typed, I will have some time this month.