[tw5] Rethinking multilingual editing for my French-Acadian dictionary

Although I’ve got way too many interests and TiddlyWiki projects on the go, I’ve had Le P’tit Aurèle (one of my favourite projects) on ignore not because everything else is more interesting.

I’ve found myself annoyed with the architecture I put together, which felt great until I found myself really unsatisfied.

I thought I was on the path to a right good alternative architecture I was thinking of in the Multilanguage TiddlyWiki - Any existing resources?, but I really quickly became very dissatisfied with that: I wasn’t enjoying messing with core tiddlers, and was heading towards making way too many changes to them.

So I’m rethinking things again based on “Form Design” in new/distinct tiddlers (i.e. zero touching of the core tiddlers.) That feels better to me.

Although very early going, I’m sharing this eventual “View/Edit” template to edit the multilingual translation of French-Acadian expressions that were part of my growing up .

The idea is to eventually have a directory window (an expressions manager window?) that lists expressions, filtered by whatever criteria; click on any expression to bring up the details in a view mode modal window, click the edit button to switch the modal to edit mode.

Something like that.

Download the attached and drag/drop into TiddlyWiki.com for import.

Screenshot:

tExpression.json (1.75 KB)

2 Likes