[tw5] Installing plugins on node.js installation

I installed a tiddlywik on node.js on my linux computer.

Then I installed some plugins like Relink the usual way — dragging the link to the wiki. And everything seemed to work perfectly.

Then I came across this.

And now I am worried. Should I uninstall all the plugins and install them the correct way OR just leave things as they are? Why worry when nothing ‘appears’ broken?

You shouldn’t worry.

Someday, if you have lots of TW files on node.js that all need the same plugin, then it might become more convenient to have a central plugin repository. The main thing is to not install official plugins by dragging and dropping, because they can change with every upgrade of TW.

That is a relief, Mark.

But although I have not installed any official plugin myself, the following plugins are installed already. I guess they are installed by default.

• Core
  • Filesystem
  • Highlight
  • Tiddlyweb

Is there anything specific I need to do about these?

– You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “TiddlyWiki” group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to . To view this discussion on the web visit .

That is a relief, Mark.

But although I have not installed any official plugin myself, the following plugins are installed already. I guess they are installed by default.

• Core
  • Filesystem
  • Highlight
  • Tiddlyweb

You should never drag and drop those particular plugins – they’re provided from the central repository when node runs. They’re “Sort of” installed by default. If you look in your tiddlywiki.info file, you’ll see that all of them except core are listed. Core isn’t listed because there would be no TiddlyWiki without the core :wink: So I guess you could say that it is a true default. You could remove Filesystem and Tiddlyweb (I think) from tiddlywiki.info if you wanted a read-only node instance.

In my case I need to convert a drag-and-drop plugin into a node plugin, ¿How can I do that?

Thanks

In my case, I need to convert a drag-and-drop plugin to a node plugin.

How can I do that?

Thanks