[tw5] BASIC Dialects Matrix TiddlyWiki

Hi Charlie,

I have made some progress with building my budget wiki

1. I modified the template to make the fish button appear always - although I changed the fish with another image button.
  2. I added modal data entry form for new year, month, day and input.
  3. I used the primary website field in the second modal of your modal to add my link field.

I will have to check out your video so that I may get more ideas.

Thanks,
Arun

I don’t blame you for replacing the fish. It is far from being a popular choice. Definitely not professional/polished.

Me being the sole author of my TiddlyWiki’s, and the fishy link usually hidden for the default “reader mode” of most my stuff, I’ve kept it all along because a “tiddler” also means a little fish. I enjoy that for some odd reason.

https://basicanywheremachine.neocities.org/About_BASIC.html

Okay, finished reorganizing all large groups of checkboxes, and did some re-organizing of the row headers in the matrix.

Full-sized images attached.

Teaser image or the matrix (gotta fix up the lines on those headers for groups of categories):

https://basicanywheremachine.neocities.org/About_BASIC.html

I added a few extra BASIC dialects, added an “Advanced Features” grouping of categories, and some (see attachment) cosmetic changes.

If there’s anything TW you don’t understand, get a hold of me via a reply here.

1 Like

Hi Charlie,

I was testing my budget wiki with multicolumn plug-in - so I imported all the relevant tiddlers into the wiki.
But the modified fish button of Flx and tKwm is not seen in the tables or any other tiddlers. Can you please check what’s going wrong.
I have listed the relevant tiddlers in the homepage of this wiki

Arun

My template tiddlers show/hide the fishy link based on whether $:/state/sidebar’s text is yes or not.

i.e.:

<$list filter="[[$:/state/sidebar]get[text]]+[match[yes]] [<currentTiddler>] +[replace[yes]]"> ... </$list>

The multicolumn plugin’s setup for sidebar doesn’t seem to alter the $:/state/sidebar tiddler with “yes” when the sidebar is shown.

You’ll have to modify my template tiddlers to exclude the list widgets that check $:/state/sidebar.

Or remove those list widgets that check $:/state/sidebar.

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the tip. It’s works now.

Arun.
– You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “TiddlyWiki” group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to . To view this discussion on the web visit .

Hi Charlie,

Is it possible to create a search box within a modal such that one can edit the text field of the tiddler search results from within the same search modal window.

Arun

Let’s see if I am understanding what you want to do.

You want to pop open a modal, that presents a field used to filter a list of tiddlers.

Are you saying you want to be able to edit each of the tiddlers you get in the search results?

If you get a matching list of hundreds of tiddlers, you want to be able to edit the text for each one of those tiddlers in the modal?

Hi Charlie,

I meant a standard search option (not filter search). May be limit the number of search results to avoid performance issues. I would like to view and edit those tiddlers within the modal itself, instead of opening them in the story river.

Arun

A search option would be an edit text widget in which you type your search criteria, and below that edit text widget would be a list widget with a filter getting a list of all tiddlers matching your search criteria.

I’d suggest that for each item in the list, you have a button that opens up the related tiddler in another modal dialog meant for editing a tiddler. I think it is good practice to have that separation between the dialog/tiddler that searches and gives results, and a dialog/tiddler with widgets for editing.

That said, from what I’ve seen, you’ll be editing the text of that tiddler with an edit text widget. You won’t have access to the formatting toolbar for editing the tiddler. My attempts at trying to do that have all resulted in the red dialog of death (javascript errors).

But if editing the text of a tiddler with just edit text widget is fine, then I think the approach I suggest above is very feasible.

Hi Charlie,

The Basic Dialect form has an edit box and preview option. Is something like that possible

Arun

That does exactly what I was describing. If you don’t need the formatting buttons like bold/italics/etc., then you can definitely setup the same kind of thing for what you want.

I don’t want edit buttons. I just want to do a quick search and see the tiddler contents and edit them if needed.

Then for sure, back to your original question, that can definitely be done.

A button somewhere that brings up the search tiddler in a modal.

Search tiddler with an edit field (I imagine for the text field of a temporary tiddler). Below that edit field, a list widget with a filter that gets the value from the text field of that temporary tiddler. That filter makes sure you’ve got at least three or more characters typed in before actually getting a list of matching tiddlers, and applying regexp to get the matching tiddlers.

For each matching tiddler, a button to open (tm-modal) a tiddler that is your form for editing. Passing to that form the title of the tiddler being edited.

Something like that.

Sorry for the delay. I was at my workplace. Is there is any similar implementations done in the past so that I can hack it to suit my needs.

G’day,

If you want to take a look at some sample code, my BASIC Anywhere Machine TiddlyWiki’s File Open Modal shows how to get a list of tiddlers via search criteria.

There’s an option to include a button for each matching tiddler to delete the related tiddler. Replace that with an edit text field to edit the related tiddler, or setup a button to open a “form” modal to edit the related tiddler.

In the About BASIC TiddlyWiki, you’ll find the BASIC Dialect Form and the BASIC Category Form that I use for, respectively, editing any BASIC Dialect tiddler and any BASIC Category tiddler.

I tried to modify the conext search of Context plug in by danielo and added some of your code from Baisc Anywhere machine to create a sample search and edit modal.
Check this link - https://multicolumn-krystal.tiddlyhost.com/

Click on the “Search&Edit Modal” link in the topbar.

Then you can see all related tiddlers.

First tiddler shows a button to invoke the modal.

Try searching “Peter” or “Hello” in the search box. There is some lag (don’t know how to reduce the lag. Any suggestions?).

Search results look like this

$:/plugins/danielo515/ContextPlugin/visualizer-tweaked for edit in modal - This tiddler is responsible for the edit text and preview option seen in the search results.

Can you suggest a way to add another column with context highlighting of the searched word like in danielo context plug in. (If there is a way to add it into the existing columns, that also is fine)

Also how to remove the Markup Help part from the second column of the table.

The lag: that’s why I was suggesting a simple list of tiddlers in your results with each tiddler having a button to open the related tiddler in a modal for editing.

Pretty sure the lag you are experiencing is because your search results are displaying edit fields for each tiddler, and any edit field of any tiddler might be causing a refresh of the search results. Something like that. I can’t pinpoint it for sure.

I’ve setup something once for highlighting words, but I can’t remember what I did and don’t know what I did with it. If I can remember, I’ll let you know.

Will try that approach and let you know

Thanks
Arun