[tw5] An all-in-one-file and portable BASIC language programming IDE + .BAS programs

All it can do at the moment if work with one .BAS tiddler (editing and running).

Now to get all of the other menus and menu items setup …

" if " work ? Ugh: “is work”

See the first working version in action: TiddlyWiki for BASIC Programming

It’s looking impressive!

So I can write best program ever?

10 Print"Tiddlywiki is Awsome"
20 goto 10

??!!

Seeing as I’ve got this project posted both here in GG and over in TiddlyTalk, in case anybody wants to see discussion over there.

And, since I could not pass that up:

3 Likes

And because curiosity got the best of me:

Cool, the following works:

10 Print"Tiddlywiki is Awesome !!!"
i = INT (RND * 7) + 1
COLOR i, 0
20 goto 10

Although kind of silly for this example, I do want to set up this capability (bringing some TiddlyWiki goodness into BASIC code) likely sooner than later:

10 Print"Tiddlywiki is Awesome !!!"
{{ Code From Some Other Tiddler }}
20 goto 10

I’m quickly sharing this TiddlyWiki instance via neocities for folk to play with.

Expect me to also put together sometime soon a Google site and separate Google Group for this project. Communications via either this GG or TiddlyTalk doesn’t suit me at all. Too much already going on in these forums.

So some kind of “project portal” thing to facilitate tracking of stuff.

One of the things I’d like to know is the depth and breadth of BASIC commands supported by wwwBASIC, and the degree of “correctness” (?) in each command.

I’ll setup form for interested folk to submit each thing they’ve found working or not. We’ll all be able to track this info and a related spreadsheet that gathers all submissions.

Something like that.

Cheers !