TW for tiny interfaces (and a free watch browser)

I recently bought a (used) applewatch…and finally found a free webbrowser.

Has anyone made a TW for so tiny interfaces.

• I would love to use TW as a micro note-taking tool, where I say a phrase which is stored to my NoteTW to be transferred to the correct wiki subsequently.
  • A tool to learn vocabulary and other things would also be nice as well as well as
  • a tool to make an audio playlist from websources

Totally possible, just create a new layout, which only has a big voice input button, and can scroll to view transcribed text.

Simillar to Design a Layout for Mobile

https://makiaea.org/00045/20230414makiaea.html#apple%20watch

i have a layout working (single file), but don’t normally use it as loading is so slow, and possibly saving does not work (sorry i don’t remember if i tested saving using a served file)

you’d have to get a back end for saving working (pwa does not work as browser too limited)

maybe a node version would work better for loading/saving?

i use the paid browser listed in that tiddler, ‎Browser for Watch on the App Store as i find its bookmark feature useful

hth!

1 Like

This is not a direct TW interface, but I highly recommend “Just Press Record” — an app that can actually appear as a simple red dot complication on your watchface. Touch it just once, and it’s already in record mode (touch it again to stop recording). On your phone or even macOS you can access both the audio and an automatic transcription for all notes entered this way.

This means I can generate reminders or notes with zero interface friction, even while stopped at an intersection or walking the dog.

I still need a work flow to comb through this “inbox” of notes and decide what to do with them. But usually when I’m out in the world and wanting to get something down via my watch, the process is very off-the-cuff anyway, and further editorial decision-making will be needed before I’d want to commit to whether and how this idea or information belongs in a tiddler.