Tiddlywiki Tutorial Maker

Tutorial Maker with HopScotchjs

This plugins enables the creation of interactive tutorials in TiddlyWiki using HopScotchjs.

This is a great pluging by @abesamma. It can be used to make nice educational tutorials for learning Tiddlywiki and new Tiddlywiki plugins.

3 Likes

Thanks for the shoutout Mohammed. I really need to update this thing though!

2 Likes

It is a great tool! I was sad it didn’t get enough attention when it came out.

I do encourage you to …

… submit it to Tiddlywiki Links … that might help a bit get it better known?

… (important?) put a copy of the demo outside Github?? (The problem is currently that when you click the demo link you get the page code returned, not the actual demo.)

… update would be great if it needs it! Dunno.

PS: I think you are great! :slight_smile:

Best wishes
TT

cc: @Mark_S

2 Likes

Thanks @TiddlyTweeter. Yes, it seems the original hosting service, rawgit, has been deprecated. That’s you’re only seeing the raw html code. I should move it to github pages. Like I said, I need to update it.

This plugin helped to guide new users into using TiddlyWiki when Maarfapad was still a thing. Although it did help onboard new users, I’ve learned since then that the feature rich UI of TiddlyWiki requires a more fine-grained introductory approach as far as app tutorials are concerned.

It also helps to highlight the problem of product onboarding: it’s a big problem we as app developers face. There are many solutions out there to solve this problem.

1 Like

I thought that was what was interesting about it. Whatever its deficiencies it was super-useful.

You are right it often takes years to perfect something. The “second-take” is often the best. If one has the time & incline.

But, whatever, the plugin was/is innovative in the right way and it is shame it did not get / has not got the attention it deserves.

Just a comment
TT, x

1 Like

截屏2022-02-17 01.32.55

This has been on my TidGi’s to-do list for a while…

1 Like