TiddlyWiki "Design an Advertisement" Competition

The twentieth anniversary of TiddlyWiki is fast approaching – the first release was on 20th September 2004.

To mark the occasion I would like to propose a new competition that I hope will once again tap into the creativity that we see in the entries to our regular new release banner competitions.

The competition is to design advertisements for TiddlyWiki, with a broad definition of “advertisement” to encompass anything from an image for print, a web banner advert, a short film, a radio jingle, a song, an animation or a billboard for Times Square.

I’d propose a very simple set of rules to start with:

• Any digital format is acceptable; the only requirements is that it must be possible to display the advertisement in a website
  • Bonus points for advertisements that can easily be translated into other languages
  • AI generated entries must be clearly identified

Beyond that, I think anything goes: advertisements that are funny or serious, modern or old fashioned, informative or allusive. The banner competition has lots of constraints; this is an opportunity to let your imagination loose, and play around with how we can communicate the benefits of TiddlyWiki to others.

We will make a website gathering all the entries together, but it would also be cool if it was easy for users to embed advertisements in their own sites.

I don’t think we necessarily need to have voting for this competition, but I’m open to suggestions.

5 Likes

If it needs voting, how about use vote from outside of this forum, for example reddit or twitter. Downside is sending too much ad. to outer world may draw some internet hate to us.

I did pin this thread till 23. August

I think it would be best for us to hold a primary vote here with community members, and then if more input is needed, we expand to other platforms, since primarily TW members are found here and at the google groups forum.