Tiddlywiki Community Plugin Libraries

I added those two thanks @TiddlyTweeter

I wonder if there is a way to allow use to search the contents of libraries, even if we need to generate an index? The two you gave me and the relink one currently contain only one plugin.

Right.

SoundCite is just one.
Andrew Harrison is 14.

TT

@TW_Tones, well I dunno. Yes, IF it were easy for you.

I’d say that IF Plugin Library use got more uptake that summary data on each library might be useful?
One of those summary items being “no of plugins” (For instance SoundCite has 1 and the CPL currently has 303 — that is some kind of difference! :slight_smile: )

TT

@TW_Tones, great stuff!

I like that, up front, on load, you can see the available Plugin Libraries and, via the tag mechanism, add them ALL to a TiddlyWiki at once …

I have a few suggests. (As usual, not being the person who can do it, I feel slightly weird suggesting what I can’t myself do.)

• Information. I think as the number of Plugin Libraries increases it will be an issue knowing what is in them. How many items? What do they do?

• I don’t know how you’d do it in an automated way but showing a count of the number of plugins in a library would likely be v. useful?

• Maybe the descriptive text field of each library could be put next to it using a <details> thing? Sorta like this …

Best, TT

1 Like
  • Totally agree
  • Could do this like a curator but ideally seek a summary from the Library owners.
  • There maybe a way to programmatically extract contents and make that searchable.
  • Agreed a manual count will be a good start
  • Sure

Yes, I have an idea here that you need not install the library in a wiki but extract a plugin on this wiki and move the plugin. However the libraries have the advantage of detecting updates.

• With the local storage active it would retain a set of plugins commonly used by you. A kind of holding bay.

More to come.

[Edited] Some suggestions manually applied ! see https://plugins.tiddlyhost.com/#

1 Like

Good you willing to do that and did it for Plugins For TiddlyWiki

I think it might be worth asking on Github that the Plugin Library authors fill in a “number-of-items” field? You get the idea?

TT

Right.

IMO it is far better that the AUTHORS write the summaries.

Why? Because curation, though actually better, is difficult to maintain unless we had a person who loves that kind of thing. Curating software (ongoing) that changes is a somewhat thankless task :frowning:?

The Chinese library is a good case to think about since it references over 300 sources. HOW would one document that???

TT

@TW_Tones IF you are willing to maintain the TW Plugin Libraries wiki long term then I’d ask under “meta” here to get it added something like … :slight_smile:

A thought, TT

I do, but they can already include details in the library tiddler, however I think the library tiddler is not updated “over the wire”, like the plugins.

I am willing, since libraries themselves don’t change or new ones don’t appear too often, at least up to now. The Content of the library and plugins remain in the control of the publisher.

• I would raise a ongoing discussion that would allow users to submit libraries via talk.tiddlywiki

I believe as soon as we build a way to publish plugin libraries from a single file wiki there could be a boom in libraries.

• Especially to also share macros - I have already secured macros.tiddlyhost.com for some ideas there, not even started yet.
1 Like

Right.

The OP basically listed plugin libraries and what you have done is added to that in creating a permanent TW Plugin Library of Libraries.

I think. over time, it will be widely used.

From my point of view the mechanism of it is lightweight. It works well.
It is maybe not as known yet as it might be.
IMO it solves a bunch of issues that TW has on being informationally fragmented on how to enhance it.

In short, what you have done is a definite step in a good direction!

Opinion, TT

@TW_Tones is willing to maintain a resource of Plugin Libraries

It is good! Useful. Very.

I hope it will spark interest in them and increase their use and creation.

TT

Looking good in wiki …

… and after install …

Plugin Libraries

To get the plugin libraries, follow the link… Plugin Libraries

Чтобы получить библиотеки плагинов, перейдите по ссылке… Библиотеки плагинов

要获取插件库,请转到… 插件库

Per ottenere le librerie di plugin, vai a … Librerie di plugin

プラグイン ライブラリを入手するには、 … プラグイン ライブラリ にアクセスしてください。

Pour obtenir les bibliothèques de plugins, allez sur … Bibliothèques de plugins.

A new plugin library has been added. See the OP.

Thank you @Maurycy

1 Like

Thanks! If it’s not too late or impossible I’d prefer the name to be ECPL in the first post since Evidently Cube is two words :).

2 Likes

Sure, I corrected the EPL to ECPL!

2 Likes

A new plugin library (BWPL) is added, see the first pot!

Update CPL and made it a plugin so that it can update itself from itself :laughing:

1 Like

https://plugins.tiddlyhost.com update with above changes and plugin counts updated.

• In my Socks Testing library is “Still” broken

Added to this repository now also;

• I found an Offline copy of tobibeer/plugins, any one know of a current link?
  • The Pre-release Plugin Library - this varies according to pre-release cycles but has being included for consistency
  • Added OokTechPlugins library

Perhaps this site also needs plugin source sites

3 Likes