This is a TEST dev-thread to test copy paste from Talk to TW and vice versa

Simple tiddler

The following 2 code blocks should be imported from the clipboard to TW as tiddlers

title: test
text: some test text
title: test-1

some more text

Important

There is no working code yet, that imports a tiddler from the clipboard.

@pmario I don’t understand what that post is about!

I’m sure you are trying to illustrate something useful.
I just can’t grasp what your intent is.

Best, TT

It’s just a thread to get a real discourse environment to copy / paste stuff from here to TW and vice versa. I didn’t want to pollute an other thread.

This thread: "Discussion examples" converted into tiddlers? is very close related too.

It’s related to this GH PR: fix dropzone closure variable problem - ready to merge by pmario · Pull Request #6622 · Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5 · GitHub, which should fix some clipboard problems. I did move this PR from draft to “ready for review”, so it will get Jeremy’s attention again.

@pmario

In your post here above, I clicked the “copy” button and then, in my TW, pasted with ctrl-v. This does import the content but it doesn’t make it into a tiddler based on the content. It only creates Untitled tiddler with the data as text.

Am I doing it wrong?

1 Like

Sorry that’s not implemented with the PR mentioned above … It only fixes a general bug, which needs to be fixed first.

I was thinking to add a new function to the bundler-plugin that may be able to identify tiddlers. But that’s also not done yet.

OK, so I misunderstood the heading as a request that people test it.

Anyway, it should come as no surprise that I like the direction of this. Thanks for working at it.