Tag management in TW

I have been following up an earlier discussion regarding tag management for my TW. I am especially interested in being able to show or hide tags based on the type of tiddler being displayed, eg. Page tiddlers show taga,tagb whilst People tiddlers show taga, tagc, etc, with an additional ‘button’ to show/hide all tags for the current tiddler. This notion resulted from a comment on my earlier post that there seem to be too many tags on my tiddlers and maybe I should have used fields (which would have meant more complicated coding to handle the many ‘tags’ on my tiddlers).

I have found a query by @sparrow from Sept 2023 which was answered by @EricShulman which looks particularly interesting (How do you hide a tag on the tag manager tab?)

I would like to take this a step further and have a way to categorise tags and then show or hide categories depending on tiddler type. Has anyone already done this?

From @EricShulman answer, I assume that I could use ViewTemplates as a way to change the “filter” field in $:/core/Filters/AllTags or alternatively use a more complex filter statement to handle all tiddler types in $:/core/Filters/AllTags. Any suggestions as to a better solution? Is there a plugin that already provides this?

I am also trying to understand Concept: tag intersection to see if tis may help me.

bobj

One approach is to edit or replace the current on tiddler tag manager (display) with a modified one. I did one that looks in the “tags tiddler” for a condition filter and if it has that, check if the display condition is true, only then display it.

Thus each tiddler can be given a condition that determines if it is displayed for example only if object-type=page or not page etc…

I can find it if you like that approach.