Smalltalk Supreme: free event this weekend in Toronto to gather with some TW/TfT folks

Hi,

Sorry for the late notice (it has been a rush before today), but there is going to be a celebration of the 50 years of the Smalltalk computing environment in Toronto this weekend called Smalltalk Supreme, which will be totally free and with figures like some the original Smalltalk creators (Dan Ingalls, Adelle Goldberg) and the Smalltalk hall of fame (Kent Beck, David Buck)

I think there is a lot of possible intersections between TW, Smalltalk and the Tools for thought (TfT) people, concerns and projects (as some of my TiddlyWikiPharo examples have explored/shown) and maybe some of you are in the area and with time to attend (@boris and others?). I will be giving a talk and a workshop tomorrow and there is a pretty good calendar for Saturday and Sunday. So, maybe we can meet with some of you, take some coffee and talk.

I will be a couple of weeks more in Toronto, visiting family. So we can have coffee, drinks or a more informal workshop, introducing TiddlyWikiPharo to more people, showcasing our “pocket infrastructures”, how we do data activism and visualization, or other community/personal projects… or nerding out in any other way.

Hopefully this will be an opportunity for face to face joyful time with the TW/TfT/St gang over here ;-).

Cheers,

2 Likes