Shall I recommand CPL(library with 200+ tw plugins) to the TiddlyWiki website?

CPL is an open TW5 plugin repository (can be installed in your wiki) + plugin collection site (kind of like tiddlywiki links) that I created with some other TW5 enthusiasts (like @linonetwo , @oflg, and @Mohammad ). You can see the introduction here.

After a period of growth, CPL now has 200+ plugins and themes. I think this would be the first project in the TiddlyWiki community to do so and have enough plugins.

So I think I can recommend CPL to www.tiddlywiki.com. But I am not sure in which part it should be placed. Is it HelloThere? or Community? Or is it somewhere else? I haven’t contributed to the official website before.

And, is there some kind of specification that needs to be followed for such a recommendation? Thank you for the discussion.

4 Likes

I have included it into the default wiki template of TidGi

And I’m recommending Tiddloid to include CPL so attracting new user will be easier Choosing starting Template · Issue #31 · donmor/Tiddloid · GitHub

1 Like

Can you share the Library tiddler here, because that should be all that is need to access the plugins in this bundle?

1 Like

No problem at all

$__config_TiddlyWiki-CPL_GitHub.tid (3.6 KB)

But I think CPL’s website is also part of its, for example, plugin filtering and commenting sections, which allow users to leave their experience and communicate better with the author. Of course, using only the plugin library tiddler section is also perfectly adequate.

2 Likes

Post script:

As each library may contain a lot of plugins you could always find some logical basis to separate them into more than one library such as “User Interface Plugins” “field and tag plugins” or whatever works best for you sample. It cost little to have a number of libraries, but there is some value in being able to search all at once.

This is wonderful for the CPL - Chinese and ALL of us.

I have a wiki containing around 140 plugins I have collected over the years (19Mb) - they should be checked for updates and and included in CPL, just ask if you want it.

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer!

First of all, I agree with you that plugins should be more carefully categorized, so I have considered using a CPL site to do so. A series of categories and recommendations would help visitors find the plugins they want. After all, if it were me, I wouldn’t want to browse through hundreds of plugins one by one.

Having a large library of plugins is probably not a good thing, as it would be more tedious to search. Authors with plugin libraries are in the minority, most people still put their plugins in HTML, and CPL actively collects those in HTML to keep them updated, which also makes it easier for authors to focus on plugin development rather than distribution.

BTW, if you are willing, can you share your collected plugins with me? Just provide an HTML URL, and all the specified plugins will be downloaded from this URL automatically every time.

1 Like