Search and Highlight Plugin

Many thanks, I just upgraded and first trial delivered the anticipated result.
:grinning:

I did the same by removing the $:/tags/SideBarSegment tag from $:/plugins/ahanniga/find-in-page/templates/sidebar. Must be a neater way to display number of matches :thinking:

1 Like

Hello @telmiger

It would be nice to use this plugin in combination with Simple Search Plugin (Plugins โ€” Utilities for TiddlyWiki).

Thanks
Stefan

Hi Stefan,
I am sorry but I canโ€™t see the connection at the moment. Simple Search darkens the page so you can focus on search and search results. The find-in-page-plugin can help users of Tiddlydesktop (I am not one of them) to find terms in the story river.
To highlight terms on a darkened page in the background of my search tool seems not reasonable to me and would not offer good usability.
So if you would like to use both solutions in a wiki, you might want to make find-in-page independent from the standard search field (use its own search field). This way it would not conflict with simple search.

All the best,
Thomas

Hello Thomas,
thanks for feedabck - Iโ€™ll see, how to do thatโ€ฆ
Greetings
Stefan

Hello @ahanniga,

my sidbar is normaly closed and Iโ€™m using Simple Search Plugin (Plugins โ€” Utilities for TiddlyWiki for searching.

As Thomas mentioned, the solution to use both is to make find-in-page independent from the standard search field (use its own search field).

How can that be done?

Thanks
Stefan