[Release] Codemirror6 Plugin

Is this project dead?

I’m left assuming it is and therefore reverting back to the CodeMirror5 plugin.

In so doing…

1. The UX disabling and enabling plugins in ControlPanel is poor.
    Open the plugin (click far left), Click disable/enable button (click far right)
    Repeat N times. Thought I was watching tennis.
    @jeremyruston Any reason the enable/disable can’t be surfaced in the plugin header?

2. Codemirror 6 leaves behind a modified text/vnd.tiddlywiki setting in ControlPanel (which needs to be removed and/or set to “codemirror” (in my case).

There are two branches I believe

@BurningTreeC provided a monolithic code mirror 6 to replace code mirror 5 and did this rapidly he has left it as delivered

@oeyoews broke it into pieces and rapidly added features and customisations

Neither made it clear the difference between each other’s implementation so it can be difficult to disambiguate each.

Both have provided a valuable product but are somewhat weak on internal explanations, configuration and documentation and the community could step in to help however, they first need to disambiguate.

• Some of this info is available but not consolidated.

Sorry, the original intention of creating a new branch was to meet some of my own needs. After I finished these and fixed some bugs, it was stable enough for me personally, and I use it every day. As for the documentation, it is true that I haven’t done it well. Because the plugin involves quite fragmented things, I don’t know where to start, and another reason is that I don’t have much energy to improve the documentation.

1 Like

As I hope I illustrated all we need is enought info so we can install and use it, configure it and follow the basic structure. We need a kick start and the community can build on it.

• I spent hours following each of the features you developed, reviewing and testing everything I could work out, I kept waiting for just a little more info so I could help build on it and share back.