Recent not updating and TW not showing newly created tiddlers

Hello,

I have a site, which is single file tiddler saved to Github and I’ve noticed that since 14th September no new tiddlers are being “recognised”. By that I mean in the recent tab they don’t show and in my story river default tiddlers the tagged tiddlers that should show don’t.

I have [tag[Journal]!sort[created]limit[4]] but it ignores anything after 14th. I’ve tried opening in Chrome (normally use firefox) which doesn’t have my Github API key saved but still shows the same thing. Also opened on Safari on iPad and no luck.

However, if I search for a tiddler made after 14th September they show up and are still there. e.g. searching for 2021-09-17 shows one I made just now.

I don’t recall changing anything with settings or how TW works on the 14th.

Any suggestions?

does it have a created field?

It does not…why might that be?

It seems like only tags and title fields are being made, and created and creator aren’t.

No idea. Let’s shout out to a few others:

@EricShulman @saqimtiaz @jeremyruston

$:/config/TimestampDisable

That Shadow tiddler has been edited to “yes”

3 Likes

that’ll do it…how that occured I have no idea but glad it’s fixed.

1 Like

The sidebar > Tools > timestamps are On/Off is the user interface to toggle this behaviour.

You could have “bumped this off” or imported the tiddler $:/config/TimestampDisable with the value yes

Thanks. Yes, I must’ve changed it but I don’t remember doing it or why I’d be doing it! :sweat_smile:

@alexjj … You are not the first one, that probably did experiment with the setting and forgot about it. … IMO it would be nice, if you would check the “solutions” button at the post from Charlie. …

It will be shown as a prominent answer for others that may have the same problem in the future.

Uuups, I just got the info, that marking a post as “solution” is only possible in the Meta category. … So you can’t mark it here atm. (this may change)

It wasn’t possible when you first posted but now seems like it is, so I’ve marked it. thanks all.

Yes. It has been activated for the Discussions forum too.

All it takes is for that check box to somehow have the focus (an errant tap of the tab key on the keyboard, or some other strange happening), and for a follow-up tap of the space key on the keyboard .

To err is human. To really foul things up requires a computer…