Presenting: DragTag - Drag'n drop multiple tids

Are you into drag? Or tags? Or both!? Then you will appreciate the latest brain child from the TWaddler:

DragTag - drag’n drop multiple tids!

This is a tool to easily copy tiddlers to other TiddlyWikis.

P.S The obsessive tiddleur may wish to compare DragTag to @pmario 's creation, the Bundler plugin.

6 Likes

Or, indeed, use them together.

And btw, tiddleur made me (literally) COL

(chuckle out loud) :laughing:

I’m getting…

401 Forbidden

Oh, my usual mistake, sorry. Now fixed.

tiddleur

:laughing:

That’s very interesting. I like it.

I found a little problem. If I drag some tiddlers to the “tag pill” they are added. → OK.
But if I click the “Add all open tiddlers. …” button again, the list is reset to the story content → Not OK

• @twMat If you want to convert your DragTag list into a Bundle, you only need to create a new tiddler and tag it: $:/tags/Bundle
  • So it will show up in the Bundles sidebar if the bundler-plugin is installed.

• Just some Info. Bundle tiddlers can contain comments now and
  • The Bundle sidebar also shows a drag-icon. image which has a similar functionality as your DragTag (I like that name)

-mario

Ah, good point, thanks.

Bundler: is it still the case that also the receiving wiki must have the plugin installed?

No, it has never been that way.
The bundler adds some convenience import configurations if it is installed, but bundles have always been compatible with the standard TW JSON export / import format.

The bundlers initial way was to create a JSON file and import it into a new wiki.
With the plugin version v0.5.0 from Feb. I did add the new draggable icon as shown in my first post, which has very similar code as the core tag-pill.

I think you do use a very similar code for the Drag-Tag too.

The cool thing is, that TW tag pills can be dragged to the browsers “Bookmarks bar” from where you can drag it back to every TW. – We only need to figure out, how we can give the initial bookmark a better name then data:text/vnd.tiddlywiki...

1 Like

Ahhh, I know what you meant. With TW version <v5.2.0 it has not been possible to import some system tiddlers. They have been blocked with no possibility to re-activate them in the $:/Import UI.
Bundler v0.3.x fixed that problem. So if you wanted that function, you needed the plugin. That’s not the case anymore.

With TW v5.2.0 the core $:/Import UI started to allow the same functionality. So I could remove it from the bundler plugin v0.4.0.

So if users drag $:/state or $:/temp tiddlers in to the DragTag it will be possible to import them into other wikis. They will be deselected by default, but they can be re-enabled by the user if they want to.

Updated - DragTag now behaves as requested by @pmario , i.e clicking “add open tiddlers” actually does exactly that :wink:

@pmario - good that the Bundler doesn’t require the plugin on the receiving end.

The bookmarking you mention sounds useful, so people can store their favourite plugins and other stuff there. This does not seem to work for DragTag thoug. What enables a tag to perform that way?

I wonder if a such a bookmark could function as a Help feature; e.g you drag it onto certain systemic tiddlers (or even other elements) and see a doc tiddler. E.g drag the bookmark onto, say, the GettingStarted tiddler or a $:/tags/Stylesheet tag and the corresponding doc tiddler(s) from the bookmark are imported and opened…

1 Like

Thanks for sharing DragTag @twMat interesting and different design approach.

• I am however having trouble draging from chrome to firefox, even after upgrading your demo wiki to 5.3.1
  • This is unlikely drag tags problem but a continuing issue that was supposed to be fixed in 5.3.1 @pmario

FYI:
Inspired by @pmario’s bundler plugin which I used extencivly in my early days of TW 5.2.X to bundle my creations, I have since developed a whole range of tiddler packaging, export/import tools including additional drag and drop features. To do this I have had to overcome various issues and develop new mechanisiums.

• @pmario Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

The subject is “too expancive” for me to document here but should anyone have come accross barriers or limitations please don’t hesitate to ask me (or the community in general).

• I have achived this by creating tiddler containing the bookmarklet with a href that uses the caption or title of the bookmarklet tiddler.
    • An advantage of a tiddler than contains a bookmarklet is it is more easily shared than a simple browser bookmarklet, and the bookmarklet can be “executed in tiddler”.
    • This method uses the addTiddlers javascript function rather than the data: method.
  • Have a look at https://bookmarklets.tiddlyhost.com/ go to advanced search filter and generate a list of tiddlers, buttons to do variouse things with the resulting list of tiddlers becomes available.
  • I have a project call filter-pills which act like tag pills for any given filter, this can allso allow all tiddlers described by an arbitary filter to be dragged elsewhere.

Anyone can use https://bookmarklets.tiddlyhost.com/ to generate bookmarklets or bookmarklet tiddlers.

1 Like

I’m using FireFox on Windows and Ubuntu and there it does work with DragTag. I did not test with other browsers

It works perfectly well with my TW CheatSheet plugin

I think there is a similar plugin or code by Mohammad, it is called Basket. I think is a code snippet not a plugin!
Also, I remember @TW_Tones has a modified Basket. It is a sidebar tab.

@Mohammad’s basket(s) is a favorites list that you can export as JSON if desired. I am certainly keen to write a version that lets you create new baskets on demand. The dropped titles are added to a list field on the basket tiddler, so no tags needed but similar behaviour.

1 Like

I did just test DragTag plugin to drag from Edge Windows to FF and vice versa, using TW v5.3.1 for both of them. → It works as intended.

Please make sure, that you do use TW v5.3.1 and not a tiddlywiki.com cached from the browser. Use CTRL - F5 to reload the site and check the version number of the TW.

AHA! @pmario and @TW_Tones

I just found that using TW 5.3.1 makes drag-to-bookmark work,
but using TW 5.3.0 only works for some browsers!

I’ve updated the tiddlyhost site for DragTag to be 5.3.1

I thought I had checked this. I will revisit. I downloaded the show case just to upgrade it, and dragged from Chrome to tiddlywiki.com

Thanks