Presenting: Anchor links - the macro

EDIT: This was first called “internallinks” but has now been renamed to “anchorlinks”.

The TWaddler presents a not huge thingy but still good to have:

AnchorLinks

This is merely a macrofication of the anchor link technique to enable “in-tiddler navigation”. Any cred should go to whoever figured out how to do that.

6 Likes

Hm, should I rename it to “anchorlinks” instead of “internal links”? Which is more easily understood?

EDIT: Done

Hi Mat,

In my eyes, the terms “internal links” and “external links” are taken. So I would slightly prefer “anchor links” although the term anchor is also tightly tied to any link in HTML.

As a suggestion I would like to throw in “in-tiddler links”.

I also considered “jump marks”, but as links are mentioned in the docs and “jump” is not present, I will stick with “in-tiddler links”.

Observations regarding the documentation on tiddlywiki.com:

• The link “Here are some suggestions of tags you can use.” does not work (at least in my browser) – it contains a %.
  • The anchor (link target) is usually covered by the top navigation after I click a link.
  • After loading the docs, the first time I click a link my browser scrolls (probably down and up again) and I end up at the top. A second click on the same link does what is expected. (FireFox, Mac)

Cheers, Thomas

I’ll change it to anchorlinks, sticking with the doc terminology. Thanks.

The issues you post concern the documentation. I agree with them and that is why my macro prevents against at least the first two. The third one happens to me to but is beyond me.

Thanks for your thoughts Thomas.

1 Like

I’ve now also included a little “alpha index” construct that generates an alphabetical index of links to jump down in your long list of items. See Anchorlinks again.

1 Like