Presenting an experiment: Daily BAD

Here is my latest experiment. Specifically to streamline my process of taking notes on reading. See tutorial there. This isn’t something I am putting out there with the intention of maintaining. Just a demo for you to play with, use, adapt, and/or improve upon. Feel free to take it and adopt it if you wish.

A big thanks to @tw-FRed for his help this morning, and @pmario for the field editor plugin, which is crucial for this.

[Edit: I added some extra notes to explain the workflow, the philosophy behind it, and show off formatting in the summaries|

link

2 Likes

Hello @DaveGifford,
just a quick question regarding blurb below
12 Will you do something similar to take notes by topic rather than, or in addition to, by source?
Are you intending to add this or have you already done so, maybe I’ve missed it.
Another question, could the viewme macro also be added to this experiment?

Hi Sunny,

Yes, I intend to do the topical version of the BAD blurbs, but have been alternating between superbusy and exhausted for weeks…

No, the viewme can’t be added to the blurb way of doing things. It is actually an earlier incarnation of this. viewme uses the view widget to show the tiddler title in the summary section of the slider. blurb translcudes the summary field in the summary section of the slider. Mutually incompatible. I keep coming up with new ways to hide additional text under sliders…

Thanks for your interest! I can’t even remember why a word-wrap was needed in the Stylesheet of the viewme tiddler. Seems to have been a hack to get some other CSS to work properly. Forget viewme. I think you might like the blurb/accordion system better.

Hi @DaveGifford,
thanks for your quick reply.
I did like the ability for creating multiple sliders in viewme though.
I will do as you suggest though and use your blurb/accordion system instead.
It’s hard to keep up with all your experiments :grinning:
Can I presume the blurb/accordion system is now your preference ?

Definitely! I use it to add text formatting and colored symbols to the blurb or summary.

I guess it’s safe to continue with the blurb/accordion system then :laughing:
Thanks Dave, hope you get a break soon.

1 Like