New Release Banner Competition for v5.2.3

May I please ask. Has anybody ever been able to see the images on Tiddlywiki.com? I haven’t!

@Birthe: not by following the instructions in @Springer 's (excellent and very appreciated) demo site.
D&Dropping the mockups to tiddlywiki.com create broken-link [img[...]] tiddlers.

Fred

Ah! I understand what to fix. Should be clear within 5 minutes.

-Springer

Birthe,

Thanks for the nudge! I had begun importing tiddler images separately from the tiddler body holding the entry and field contents (because it was slightly more convenient to update an edited image without reconstructing its entry metadata). But this meant that the entry tiddlers would drag over without their image files. I’ve just fixed each entry (restoring to single image-tiddler form, with fields input directly on the image tiddler).

Drag-&-drop to tiddlywiki.com works again. I have also added (in the how-to) that you can just drag over the tag pill for v5.2.3 to import all of them at once, making the whole set visible in the HelloThere thumbnail overview, if you like.

https://tw-logo-contest.tiddlyhost.com/#v5.2.3

Please do let me know whether there’s anything else about the gallery that could use updating.

-Springer

2 Likes

If we have 10 or fewer candidate images, and 100 or fewer voters, it looks like we could use this online ranked-choice voting tool for free:

-Springer

1 Like

The last two banner competitions both garnered around 200 votes, so I suspect that we may have already outgrown it.

But perhaps there is a Discourse feature or plugin that achieves something similar? Perhaps @pmario or @boris could help point us in the right direction.

Yep, there are polls that can be used for voting built into the forum.

Here’s an example which I’ve set to:

• be able to vote for 2 choices
  • not view the results until you vote
  • shows a bar chart after voting
Banner Voting

0 voters

There are a few other settings, and without ranked voting, mostly I’d say give 1 point to your top 2 or 3.

We can edit the top post in this thread to insert a banner – just let me know how you’d like it configured

Edit: Experimenting with embedding the images directly, looks like it works?

2 Likes

Still, I am likely to eventually build this in tiddlywiki and maintain maximum control, with my own algorithms :nerd_face: A short exploration of this though, exposes the complexity of different voting methods which is “a science in its own right”.

here’s an (quick and rough :sweat_smile: ) update,
thanks to Mohammad for the font indication,
and I tested with the https://tw-logo-contest.tiddlyhost.com/
To preview your own artwork here... so thanks also to Springer :nerd_face:, hope you liked it.

ruidajo-2-TiddlyWiki-v523-banner-560x315

2 Likes

I love this Motovun!

1 Like

Looks nice in HelloThere! Thank you @feedthegood

Thank you all for your submissions. We’ve created a voting poll here: