New plugin: Btx – Bottom toolbar experience (TW >= 5.2.1)

Add an additional toolbar to the bottom of every tiddler. It comes with buttons to jump to the top of a tiddler, to the next or to the previous tiddler and one more button that inserts a new tiddler just below. The bottom toolbar also accepts standard toolbar buttons.

Hint: The buttons in the bottom toolbar are sorted in the order of their activation.

Tested on tiddlywiki.com and with the Notebook theme too:

Please make a backup, check your TW version (5.2.1 or newer), install, and have fun.
Like my other plugins, you can get it from Plugins β€” Utilities for TiddlyWiki

Btx will be a part of Tix – see my other thread.

Cheers,
Thomas

4 Likes

Hello Thomas,

what about a toggleable area at the bottom of each tiddler?
Only when the mouse moves in that area, the additional toolbar will be shown.

Additional feature:
The height of the toggle area as well the size of the buttons can be defined individually in the β€œreadme”.

Nice work - thanks!
Stefan

Hello Stefan, thanks a lot for your feedback.

I always try to think mobile first – and mobile users do not have a mouse and it is not reasonable to hide stuff from them. So in order to have a toggle, we would need a button. TW offers the more button to toggle toolbar buttons, so there is already a solution available for that.

The only thing that is maybe missing is a customisable more button that allows users to choose which buttons to include. (Another user suggested that for Tix.) Would that be something for you too? Personally I am not sure I would use that, as Tix will offer up to two toolbars at the top and two at the bottom so all important buttons will always be within reach for me.

I will happily consider an option to control the size of the buttons for a next version.

Cheers :smiley:
Thomas