New HowTo Playlist: Use Plugins with TiddlyWiki and Build Single-File Wikis using the CLI

Hi folks,

I did just publish a new playlist on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/pmariojo with some HowTo’s about TiddlyWiki and Plugins

Subtitle 1: Use plugins with a single-file wiki
Subtitle 2: Use plugins with a client-server configuration using Node.js
Subtitle 3: How to build a single-file wiki using the “tiddlywiki” command line

In the first 4 videos I talk about how you can install plugins from the Standard Plugin Library and from 3rd Party Plugin Libraries.

I recommend to view them, even if it is only a summary for you. There are some new cool features in the TW docs, that have been merged lately, to support those videos :wink:

And … The following videos assume you know the topics discussed in 1-4

It all starts at: https://tiddlywiki.com/#Plugins

01 Install a Plugin from the Standard Plugin Library (4:11)

02 Disable / Delete Plugins from TiddlyWiki (2:11)

03 Install Plugins Manually (2:47)

04 Tips and Tricks with Library Configurations (5:37)

Important: If my videos make a difference for you while working with TiddlyWiki, it would be nice if you “Like and Subscribe to my channel”. This would make a difference for me too. Thanks!

To demonstrate the installation mechanism I use a completely new Windows 11 virtual machine, that doesn’t know anything about Node.js and the tiddlywiki command line. So all the “hickups” that could happen with a “non developer” system should come up here too.

I did not record a video about the VSCode editor I use in the videos. You may have your own text editor already. … If not … VSCode can be found at: https://code.visualstudio.com/ … For the videos here I don’t use any VSCode modifications at all.

Hint: The lower in the list, the more assumptions are made, that you know the topics discussed before.

05 How to Install Node.js LTS version (3:06) … on Windows 11

06 Install TiddlyWiki with npm (5:46)

07 Set Execution Policy for PowerShell Scripts (4:10) … A little bit of Windows configuration to use PowerShell scripts, without a warning.

08 Build an Index.html wiki with the CLI 6:23

09 Install the Official menubar Plugin with Node.js (5:15)

10 Uninstall Plugins with Node.js (2:51)

11 Install Custom Plugins Overview (7:18)

12 Install Plugins using OS Environment Variables (14:32)

13 Using the “plugins” Folder (7:20)

14 Fix a Typo in TiddlyWik Docs Using the pr-maker Edition (4:11) … While making the videos, I did find a typo in the docs. This is a short video how to use TiddlyWiki to create a plull-request and fix it. An other step by step Playlist can be found at: Use TiddlyWiki to Contribute to the TiddlyWiki Documentation

15 Load Plugins with the CLI (5:43) … CLI = Command Line Interface

16 Import Library Plugins using Node.js (5:42)

Have fun!

PS: If my videos make a difference for you while working with TiddlyWiki, it would be nice if you “Like and Subscribe to my channel”. This would make a difference for me too. Thanks!

PPS: Support me if you think I should create more videos like these

6 Likes

I can vouch for time spent with Mario’s videos is well worth the time.

Thanks’ a lot for your contributions @pmario

Please support @pmario if at all possible.