My latest "most basic": an update sort of

Hi all. Meta-question: I’ve got the latest from a conversation I paused a few weeks ago. I posted yesterday, but as I browse here I’m guessing that it didn’t appear as “something new” for most readers?

When I try to link to that, or repeat it here, that shows up as an error. Makes sense, spam is bad. But how should I resurrect something I paused?

The topic – to see if I can refer from here: “A broad SSL recipe?”

Attempting to interpret what you mean, I’m thinking maybe you can’t find this article: A broad SSL recipe?

Yeah. It’s worth skipping most of that and going to the bottom.

Thanks.

Well, and: it wasn’t that I “couldn’t find” it. More like, “resurrect it”, and the ways I tried to do that were being caught as spam-ish errors. I did refer it, as you did, but when I tried to re-post any reference, that was seeming to trigger as an error.

Educate me? What’s the right way to link like that?

Thanks.

Just post something in it? This makes it bump up to the top in the list.

What does this mean? Did you just not do anything or something else?

Perhaps go to create a new post and check if you have an unposted draft.

Or try getting the “link” from the original thread and share that here.

“I paused a few weeks ago”: meaning, I left this conversation while I worked toward my goal and other areas.

I did post a reply to the originally referred message, but – correct me if I’m wrong – it seemed that my reply there didn’t appear in the “new” column on this site. Different systems handle things in different ways; forgive me if I misinterpreted what I found on this process.

…or, maybe: the “automatically flagged as spam” process hit what I’d just added. That seems (if I read the automatic messages properly) to be hitting more than one of my postings here. Why, I don’t know.

Your topic has been at the very top of my “Latest” overview, since you posed there. As Tony wrote, it was automatically resurrected as you did add a post there.

That’s a screenshot when I do use my account to access the Talk site

The latest did go through that way, after I added that bit, after we had the back-and-forth here. It wasn’t the case to begin with.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I did move this thread to the Meta category.

It seems you did add too many links in your posts. I did have a look at the “moderators” notifications after your posts here …

I did add “talk.tiddlywiki.org” to the exceptions-list. It wasn’t there yet. So links here and to tiddlywiki.com shouldn’t cause “spam” detection problems anymore. …

have fun!
mario

1 Like

Just a guess: could it be from the links I added were those contained in the system notices I was referring to?

Any effect, good or bad, by the leading “>” in my own writeup? Obviously I’m new here, probably unaware of assumed practice.

Thanks.

May be. You may have used triple backticks to mark it as code area instead of a comment.

eg:

```
your code comes here
```