@mods - can we have a "tiddlywiki.com" tag?

I have an idea about how we collectively can discuss/work with a redesign of the tiddlywiki.com landing page, but it would be more efficient if there was a dedicated forum tag for this. There is a tag “Communty Projects + Documentation” but this is not really suitable because it is desirable that these discussions are distinct from general documentation issues. Maybe “Community Projects + tiddlywiki.com” or “Community Projects + Landing page” or some such would be good.
Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @twMat — happy to create new categories. Will you be a lead for this group?

And yes — a category per defined project is a good idea.

Feels like Landing Page is a good name — there’s also dotOrg and so on.

Sounds good but I’m not sure what you mean with “lead”? I just need a tag for a broad topic that keeps recurring, and there’s currently no fitting tag for i.e the topic of “how tw.com should be redesigned”. But, if you by “lead” mean someone who kind of introduces the tag then, sure, I have a draft that should clarifies its raison d’être and which is also what prompted my request for a new tag. I’m including it here so you can see.
Thanks @boris

[Edit: Here was previously shown a draft about an idea, but an improved idea has come up instead and will be posted elsewhere in the future.]

By “lead” I mean someone who wants to work on the project. Sounds like a yes from you.

The practical parts are group ownership and moderation for the category.

Thanks for the intro text, I’ll make that the category description.

By “lead” I mean someone who wants to work on the project. Sounds like a yes from you.

Hm… as you may or may not know I am from time to time a rather active member and contributor, but the idea behind the particular tag I’m requesting is, frankly, mostly because I think it’d benefit the board infrastructure for the reasons I outline in my draft. It would just improve things if posts on that topic could be marked with an appropriate tag.

Or are board tags necessarily also some kind of group that people must join? Can people not use that tag unless they joined a group? That sounds unfortunate, IMO and this is not what I’m requesting.

Anyone can participate in the category #projects:landingpage

We can experiment and see if it works for you.

The group part is so that you can have moderation control over that category — and potentially group organization but you don’t need to use that part. I’ve messaged you details.