Mehregan Edition: First public beta release

Normally I do not import temp and state! This may reset the states in updated Wiki, but not a big deal!
For plugins I assume, those are in your empty.html are newer than the old wiki! So this should be okay.

2 Likes

Important Note

Keep the old wiki in your archive folder, to refer to it if anything worked wrong any time in the future :wink:

I normally add a date of archive and keep all my old wikis.

@Mohammad is it possible to explain or list the plugins that make Mehregan possible against its features?

For example, I was wondering how it shows tiddlers created on a date under the journal of that date.

Also, it will help understand the magic behind its features to some extent.

Sure, I will later add docs to Mehregan!

These are not special plugins, they are filters! A filter match created date with the date of journal tiddler.

There was requests to add bubble notifications (indicator) to show the number of items (nodes, comments, keywords, todos,…) on smart tabs!

Now I added this feature to Mehregan. The help from @saqimtiaz is much appreciated.

Sidenote: I am afraid in a story river with many tiddlers open TW may experience a little performance impact. For my test case, with 27 tiddlers open, it is very fast with no lag! but I believe adding many UI elements where they need computation in the background will affect performance!

Stay tuned, Mehregan will have a new release soon!

Bubble notification is pure WikiText! Thank you Tiddlywiki.

3 Likes

This is available in 0.7.6

@Mohammad, is 0.6.0 still the most recent release available for public testing? I’m very interested in your 0.7.6 improvements, but they don’t seem to be reflected on your demo TW yet.

Hi @etardiff

The public version is 0.6. I hope I can find some free time to return to it and publish 0.7.6
There are some bugs which need to be addressed. But the difficult part is the docs :wink:

6 Likes

Updates

• 2023.04.20 - Mehregan updated to 0.7.0
    • TW updated to 5.2.7, plugins were updated to latest
    • Autocomplete plugin was added
    • Font Awesome was dropped (you can install it by drag and drop)

For demo and code, see original post above.

3 Likes

Updates

• 2023.04.28 - Mehregan updated to 0.7.1
    • [NEW] Updated to Thinkup 0.7.7
    • [FIXED] A bug in Comments tab: when kara checklist/interstitial is used the data block is shown
1 Like

This would be a good template option to have on Tiddlyhost.com. Is the maintainer of Tiddlyhost over here sometimes? I don’t know their username.

I like the idea. Perhaps @Mohammad would be interested in providing it as a template on Tiddlyhost, see details on how to do that here.

Done!

See online version My Mehregan — a non-linear personal knowledge managment app (tiddlyhost.com)

As the name was already taken!!! I had to use mehregan-template

See template page: Tiddlyhost

1 Like

Awesome, thanks @Mohammad.

Here’s a (hopefully) stable link for anyone looking for this: https://tiddlyhost.com/hub/user/kookma?t=1

2 Likes

Hey #Mohammad ,
when the user create a new smart tab with your button, this was done, but the new smart tab comes without sub button to create possible items there.

So could you just shortly describe which files comes together to have the same possibilities as your standard smart tabs (template or others)?
It will be useful in this context also to describe the possible filter for the count field of this nes smart tab.
Best

Hello @Cyrill_Andreani

when the user create a new smart tab with your button, this was done, but the new smart tab comes without sub button to create possible items there.

That is true! A smart tab is created, then you can edit its content and put any wikitext (script) inside it!
So, it is not different from ordinary tiddler.

Example:

1. go to More Tab
  2. open Thinkup Tab
  3. click on create new smart tab
  4. in the new tiddler just created enter <<list-links "[all[current]links[]]">>
  5. save

Now, in any tiddler contains links open the new smart tab, you will see the links to that tiddler.

It will be useful in this context also to describe the possible filter for the count field of this nes smart tab.

This needs some extra work. It depends what that tab shows, for example it it shows links then you have to count links and store in a tiddler then show them.
For performance reasons, I stopped developing counters on smart tabs.