Just for fun but how do I use a tag pill dropdown in the title, CSS issue?

My Reimagine tags package adds a lot of features to the tag pill, I was thinking what if I use the recently added cascade “View Template Title” to turn the title into a tag pill if the current tiddler is itself a tag.

• Optionally just look like a title but gain the tag pill dropdown.

[Edited] Updated with fix from @EricShulman and thanks it appears goes to @Springer for the original idea, I did not recall reading.

title-tag-pill.json (1.2 KB)

It all looks the part but the subtitle and tiddler below seem to have a higher z-index than the tag pill so its obscured, or perhaps there is another issue?

The solution was the addition of the stylesheet

.tc-titlebar { overflow:visible; }
.tc-titlebar .tc-tag-list-item .tc-drop-down { font-size:initial; }

[Maintained for history]
Is there a way to change this just for the tiddlers using the tag pill title?

Thanks for sharing.

I’m not use if I would use it. … It doesn’t show a dropdown using FF with ubuntu

That is the problem I am trying to solve. Its something to do with the way tiddler titles are displayed.

The whole DOM structure seems to be a mess.

Everything is inside the H2 element. The popup is inside a SPAN which contains DIVs … so it’s prone to cause problems.

IMO it shouldn’t be there. The H2 may contain the button, that activates the popup, but imo the reveal with the popup needs to be it’s own block like structure.

There may be a problem with sticky-titles too. … So not sure.

I didn’t have a look at your code and actually don’t know how the existing tag dropdown is implemented. It may also have structural problems.

This is exactly the problem that @Springer reported, for which I supplied a solution 3 days ago, here:

1 Like

Thanks @EricShulman ric, All I needed was the style information.

• Curious how I was involved in that thread but I was offering an answer, not asking questions, so did not realise the approach you suggested.

This is a content addition so I can post because although I deleted it elsewhere it is telling me its too similar to a previous post

I will update the OT

Thanks again.

I will need to control the icon display also because its redundant when already displayed on the tag pill.

Post script, the reason I wanted the above solution is because it works nicely with this Easy Next, Previous, First and Last TAGGED on the tag pill

Eg;

1 Like

[Edited] I have opened a further discussion here Navigating complex tiddler relationships, a discussion for the enthusiast