Is there any starter-kit for Tiddlywiki?

I just came over this Osbidian starter-kit! (Obsidian Starter Kit)
The kit costs 14.99 Euros.

Where is Tiddlywiki starter kit? How much is it?

1 Like

My first thought was Grok Tiddlywiki and it’s €0.00 but maybe not quite the same…

I’m working my way thru Grok Tiddlywiki, right now in Transclusions. Yesterday i learned to distinguish between hard and soft links, and the three points about the
<<currentTiddler>>

• How to access it
  • Things that change it, and
  • Things that don’t change it.

Given my (very basis I’m afraid) question I just posted, I for one would welcome such a starter kit… Thank you for bringing it, hopefully it will inspire someone to pick up that glove :slight_smile:

After going through the first 2 1/2 chapters of Grok TiddlyWiki, it seems to me it is an excellent starter-kit. I consider TW very powerful and with such complexity that learning it is difficult for people like me with very little or non coding education/experience. Grok TiddlyWiki is teaching me the basics. It is time consuming though. I expect my learning process could demand 4 hours a week for three to four months to feel comfortable at the basic level.

1 Like

10000 $. Apply within.

Isn’t a starter kit basically Timimi plus the empty download? You don’t have to know all the WikiText programming to use TW. Start simple, play with it, and when you need something more advanced, ask around. No need to drink out of a fire hose. Or is there something really advanced that everyone wants first thing?

my goto response would be grok tiddlywiki, maybe with the JD mobile layout and dark palette so I could read it on the go. This is my goto for Learning Tw, but for using, I would say a blank tw with jd mobile, relink, and other than a few tweaks for my usecase, suck as fixed sidebar width, it’s pretty much setup.

A starter kit that fits in your backpack.

OK I started with tiddlywiki more than a decade ago, and tiddlywiki 5 more recently than that, at the time my starter kit included;

• TiddlyWiki.com and its documentation
  • empty.html renamed to my desire
  • Google Groups - now Discourse
  • Google search for anything but always including the word “tiddlywiki”

I then took a full copy of tiddlywiki.com at the time and annotated it with my own notes.

1 Like

No one has decided there is a commercial return in building one. The chicken and egg of TW community not being large enough / needing such resources to be more approachable.

Perhaps @abesamma’s work might result in something paid at some point — but that would likely be a sort of hosting / service rather than this type of info product.

I think Grok is great but very focused on a particular style of personal note taking use case.

I think highlighting Grok as a resource in more places would be good.

2 Likes