Cross-platform, but still boxed in?

Hi,

Thrilled with what TiddlyWiki can do! Making it work… is a less peaceful story (perhaps I should have asked for help a bit sooner in the proces :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I have started the Grok TiddlyWiki (what a treasure!). Since using it both on my Mac and iPhone is important to me (syncing), I did not want to learn in the Desktop app. I followed the simple method of creating the empty.aspx file in OneDrive.
Adding and saving tiddlers however do not seem to go as intended :

• it opens in the browser, but saving required* replacing the file? (still as aspx, or as html file?)
  • it opens with the code in text in the desktop app (and then requires force quit)

Before diving into the adventure of connecting to OneDrive with WebDAV I realised I really should check first if that solves my issue / meets my requirement…

If there’s any techy who wants to chime in to turn my ’ all-over-the-place-enthousiasm’ for TiddlyWiki into something more laser-like? (although a flashlight would be appreciated as well!)

My Set up:

• Browser: Firefox 102.0.1 (64-bit) (and Safari 15.5 (17613.2.7.1.8))
  • cloud: OneDrive Business Basic
  • iPhone X iOS 15.2.1
  • Browser: Safari (but don’t mind switching to Firefox or any other mobile browser if it helps my case :slight_smile: )

P.S. I hope this is the right category / tag to place this matter?

It seems changing the extension to .aspx only works if you use Sharepoint … with WebDav enabled. …

I did just test it with a normal OneDrive setup. … That doesn’t work.

Thank you for checking it out! At least now I know it was not a user problem :smiley:

I do have Sharepoint (at least I see it when I log into my account online). I’m reading up now on how to make it sync with my MacBook - hopefully that will work!

2022-07-22T15:27:00Z
Yes! I have a visual :smiley:
It shows up in Finder and I can open the file (opens in Firefox) and looks like (I think) it should.
Tonight I’m exploring further, because saving gives an error:

Blockquote
file://
Automatic saving not possible.
As your TW is not within the contolled directory a manual save is required

I’m thinking I need to install the savetiddlers extension for Firefox.