IMAGES - every way to use them!

This is one of my forever-projects. So far it’s totally just a start but when keeping it un-published even its useful parts ain’t doing any good, and the matter is a concern for everyone at one time or another, so FWIW:

Every way to use images in TiddlyWiki: https://images.tiddlyhost.com/

Please share additional solutions that you have on the topic so they can be added. And the menu structure you see there is definitely not holy: It attempts to capture the parameters that image use depend on. A later idea is to make some search mechanism or wizard so the user can zoom in on the optimal solution for the use case.

I am hoping that this content eventually can fullfill the quality standards to be transferred to tiddlywiki.com …but, frankly, it won’t reach those standards for as long as we don’t have a simple-to-use solution for people to collaborate in building TW’s like this one. But, as noted, in this case even a half-baked compilation is better than none so do please come with bits and pieces and I’ll incorporate them.

4 Likes

For mages as Backgrounds, Notion-like Icon And PageCover is a good way too.

Thanks. As I view the link you post and their corresponding demo wiki with the plugin, I wonder if I understand what it actually does (I’ve never used Notion so maybe that’s why) - If a tiddler has an icon field and some kind of image field, does it show the image and icon as a “tiddler head”?

I’m thinking maybe my IMAGES wiki should feature links to other wikis for things like this… it is clearly a special plugin rather than a smaller technique or macro that the user can construct himself.