How to use seperate viewtoolbar buttons with similar functions for mobile and desktop

How to use seperate viewtoolbar buttons with similar functions for mobile and desktop without using any mobile centric themes like JD’s or notebook theme.

Suppose I have two similar viewtoolbar buttons (one for mobile mode and other one for desktop use) to invoke a modal which contain data related to current tiddler. In the button for use in mobile, I have reduced some contents which will overflow beyond the margin of the phone display. I want to display only one of buttons in either of the modes (mobile and desktop). Is there any filter which I can use to show the button only in mobile/desktop modes.

You can get a screen height/widge using the InfoMechanism or install the core plugin “Browser Sniff” to get more information about the browser.

• Once you choose the test to determin when to use which button, inside each button tiddler wrap the button in a list widget so it shows or hides its content one when needed.

I am starting a new thread here to get more general solution for limiting the number of viewtoolbar buttons in mobile usage . I tried using the browser Sniff plug in, but I got stuck at one point. That’s when I thought a more general solution would be better.

Before we end this thread I just though rather than test for mobile use which you can do, consider instead testing for portrait vs landscape comparing the values in

• $:/info/browser/screen/width Screen width in pixels
  • $:/info/browser/screen/height Screen height in pixels

For example the smaller of the two ?