Help needed about HTML2TW: Macro

I am using the version 0.7

Will check once more and reply.

Ya, thats true :grinning:. These are just for testing purpose.

Double click on the top of the each column to increase its size. Alt+Double click on the top of the each columnto reduce the size of that column.

I once again added the updated macro to my wiki. I tried various combinations of selections, but the first image was not getting clipped unless I clip in seperately. How you were able to do it?

Is the code block and quote stuff doable?

Is there any way to convert such videos to be embeded in our wiki.

Another update. Ordered lists might work now.

When I try a straight HTML capture from twitter it doesn’t seem to give me code containing the appropriate video information. That is, it doesn’t display correctly even as HTML, let alone wikitext. But I can select it here on Discourse and get the working MP4 address. So Discourse must know how to negotiate with the twitter server to get the real video address.

I would first look to see if the video platform offers the embed code for your wiki, if you have any difficulty just ask the community.

• I know YouTube does.
  • Its usually some html + an include you use a raw tag for.

That issue is now fixed.

The issue with numbered list as mentioned here also is now fixed.

I was specifically asking regarding the use of tiddlyclip for embedding videos from twitter in my wiki with the help of this macro.

It would appear that this is not possible - twitter has a library that is needed to embed videos.

Thats a nice trick.
I did a small testing. I made a private message to myself in this discourse and added a twitter link (which has a video in it) to the message and did html clipping using tiddlyclip from that private message. And it worked. Since I don’t have to clip videos from twitter frequently, this sounds like an acceptable compromise.

Any hints regarding when this might get included in the macro?

Remember Tiddlyclip is the tool and you can use it for any content you want. If after setting up some supporting embed code, you can just clip the needed link or info using tiddlyclip. That is “setup the destination (selected wiki)” to receive the bare minimum of clipped content, yet make it work, you can also save space this way (if necessary).

The problem is that Twitter doesn’t expose the actual video address to mere mortals. arunnbabu is pretty much an expert on all things web-clipper – has a docked clip list with 20+ items on it!

All credit must go to @buggyj for helping me all along.

Ok – try it now. It was more convoluted than expected because html uses code blocks both for blocks of code and for spans of code, whereas wikitext has different mark-up for each.

1 Like

I have updated the macro to the latest version in my demo wiki. Here are the chnages I noticed after the new update.

Column 3 first tiddler - The quotes are not getting converted (I guess you haven’t added quote conversion yet) and there are some other bugs also which dont know how to explain.

Column 3 second tiddler - This one works perfectly.

Column 3 third tiddler - spans of code are getting converted, but the << isn’t getting converted - instead we get &lt;&lt;. Also the numbered list isn’t working correctly.

Column 3 fourth tiddler - Code blocks from discourse is not getting clipped even using html clipping, so I dont think the macro will work for code blocks in discourse.

Made some updates. Here’s what it looks like for 3 of your cases.

However, the problem with “Parameterised transclusions” is that there is syntax nested inside of tables. AFAIK, most block wikitext doesn’t work inside wikitext tables. So blockquotes, multi-line code blocks, headers – none of these work.

I’m thinking of removing the code that attempts to make wikitext tables and instead keeping tables as HTML, albeit simplified – stripped of classes and arranged so the tags are easy to see. That way other tags could then be rendered as wikitext. Wikitext purists could then change the html table to wikitext by hand, if that seems warranted.

So, anyone else using this macro?

Parameterized
Calendar
Colorize

1 Like

I had seen sometime back that you have updated the macro and i had checked it then.

Calendar tiddler was correctly converted.

Colour tags tiddler - I was not able to get it as shown in the image. How did you got it

Parameterised tiddler - sometimes it was working except for the quotes and sometimes it was not working.

I will test it when it’s available. I don’t how often we need to clip from pages with similar structure as Parametrised

Should be vsn. 0.0.11

Start selecting with the word “This” and select all the way down to the image. The html has to contain both the start and end code tags to be processed correctly.

I tried from your demo site. Still its not working. Does the browser and OS matter ? I am using firefox browser in a macbook

Oh, try it from the original post – Colorize system tags - #28 by TiddlyTweeter .

Hmm. You’re right. It’s not working on firefox. I’ve been using chromium on linux. But if it’s not working on Firefox that would probably mean that BJ’s clipper extension is returning different HTML on the two platforms.

1 Like