Favorite plugins

What’s your favorite plugins? I’ve been browsing around and finding a lot but I feel like there are so many I could be overlooking some. Plus, this could become a helpful thread for new users. Of course there’s https://tiddlywiki.com/static/Community%20Plugins.html but I’m interested in YOUR opinion of the best ones.

Ha! Good question.
But so vast a potential answering I’ll pause a moment.

To try explain the issue arising … IF you had asked “What is your favourite favouriting plugin?” I might answer that okay with one of the several–i.e. answer the question :slight_smile:

A general interest in plugins would be harder to answer, rather like exploring Tibet with a prism, a fairly long involved process. :smiley:

Best
TT

The only plugins that get put into every wiki are Relink and Relink Titles.

Everything else comes and goes or is something I made myself as a learning experience / brain stimulation; or a simplified version of someone else’s idea that I can more easily customize to my own needs.

1 Like

What are my go to plugins on install?

Definitely I add @pmario who is very clever …

When you develop a wiki you need tools you can discard later …

My main start is @pmario Link to Tabs — an essential tool for creators

and @pmario The Bundler (import / export).

I did create a video series lately, which shows how to deal with the TW plugin library and other 3rd party library config tiddlers.

The series is at YouTube

The video that talks about plugin library config tiddlers is:

4 Likes

I think that very good!

I am very much a fan of pmario’s field search plugin. My search is configured so in my search results, it is ordered List (normal) caption, and any field .

Relink. For my workflows, I wouldn’t survive without it.

Although I now prefer do this with native HTML now, the Details widget was until recently the second plugin I would immediately install as standard configuration for any TiddlyWiki instance.

4 Likes

Streams is definitely my favorite.

3 Likes

I use:

• @saqimtiaz editor-autolist
  • a hacked version of tw5-checklist
  • internals core plugin, to understand what I’m doing wrong
  • MenuBar core plugin
  • TheDiveO’s TW5FontAwesome

And, when working on translations, @pmario’s Toggle Field Visibility & Multiline Field Editor.

Fred

2 Likes

I understand the spirit in which this question What’s your favorite plugins? is but I think it is ultimately a silly question, why?, well consider these questions;

• which is your favourite child?
  • which is your favourite lego brick?
  • does every one have the same favorite?, if not why?

More often than not, we can not rate things into, even a top 10 list, let alone the favorite.

With that bar humbug out of the way.

• I agree With @Brian_Radspinner and @TiddlyTweeter’s first replies. With relink important.
    • but also not using plugins, making solutions from native tiddlywiki, and importing them as needed
  • My favourite is the plugin that does the best job at the time and this differs when;
  • I am writing macros and plugins myself
  • I am using a custom edition such as blog, todo, authoring content, building repositories or databases
  • I am doing something for some one else

Near the top in use by me

• Relink
  • Links to tabs
  • Editor Autolist
  • Core Internals plugin for previews
  • Edit Buttons Save & close / Cancel & close / Save & keep open
  • Eric and Mohammads resources (info, plugins and macros)
  • Story tabs
  • Trashbin Mohammads
  • Various ratings, favourites plugins

Larger items

• Projectify
  • Streams
  • Stories
  • And a whole suite of personally developed solution’s (usually macros not plugins) some published some not;
  • A range of plugins not yet fully published that stand to revolutionise tiddlywiki further.

I hope these lists serves some use to others, given I am not keen on picking favorites.

2 Likes

The majority of my active plug-ins are by Kookma! I find these crucial:

https://kookma.github.io/TW-Utility/
https://kookma.github.io/TW-Commander/
https://kookma.github.io/TW-Favorites/

Also I use encryptTiddler by danielo515 and shuffle by mklauber.

4 Likes

Dear Tiddly Bob & Bobette,

Your seem very happy in Streams…

Screenshot 2022-07-24 130247

An observation, TT

One issue I have with some plugins is this: What does it do? Some are obvious. This one isn’t obvious to me for some reason.

I see this one mentioned a lot. What’s it do?

It turns your Tiddlywiki into an outliner, in which each node is a separate Tiddler. It’s similar to Logseq and Roam. I like it for quickly capturing my thoughts, notes, and tasks throughout the day.

Link to tabs puts a link on tabs, such as in the sidebar, where clicking the link opens the underlying tiddler used to display the tabs content. Certainly helpful if designing tabs but it also lets you open separately items in the control panel tabs as separate tiddlers. …

Streams provides an “outliner” where you type in and indent items, The author says

TiddlyWiki plugin for rapid data entry with a keyboard driven workflow. Divide content into smaller tiddlers as you write.

Please use a search string like tiddlywiki streams to find an explanation of individual plugins rather than ask here.

See the little “link icon” at the Plugins tab top right. If clicked, it will open the tiddler that is defined by the tabs macro. It makes most sense, when you use tabs in your wiki or while developing TW UI.

All it does is give direct access to the tiddler that is tabbed.
That is very useful when developing wiki.

TT

I don’t agree. The first thing I visit when on a new technology, is the most downloaded or most popular apps/extensions/plugins/libraries/templates. That gives you an automatically curated list of the things that most people find useful. This list is of much higher value than the same set of things sorted alphabetically.

5 Likes