(Cancelled) Looking for help trying out Google Forms for collaboration on a list of TW plugins

I don’t know if there is already a way for folk to collaboratively (and easily) maintain a public listing of plugins.

If not, I’m thinking this is a ridiculously easy way of doing it: Google Forms and Google Sheets.

To enter a plugin, fill out the Google Form and click “Submit” when you are done.

After submitting, you’ll get a page indicating your “response” (i.e. the form you filled out) has been recorded (in a spreadsheet). That page has an “Edit your response” link. Bookmark that link, and you’ll be able to edit the details of the plugin at any time.

You don’t need a Google account. The only thing you need to do is bookmark the link to edit the entry you have submitted ! So bookmark that link!!!

The tab in which the submissions are saved is just raw data. However, I have a second sheet in that document that shows the data made pretty with whatever formatting and sorting I set up for it.

The pretty sheet is published to the web.

Within about 5 minutes of somebody submitting a new plugin, or updated plugin info, the published info will get refreshed.

The whole thing seems to work really well, but proof in the pudding requires a little collaborative help.

Please, if you are interested, give it a spin, and let me know what you would like changed. You’re the users, and I’m your IT guy.

I think that’s a great idea. If there were a way that users could give feedback about the apps, even better.

You are reading my mind, I think. I’m not sure which one of us ought to be nervous …

For this particular little thing, it is all about maintaining an inventory of plugins.

If this does work as well as I think it could, then the world is our oyster.

I’m not that skilled at chewing gum and walking at the same time, but if you are interested, I can setup a prototype for feedback on plugins.

What kind of fields would be good to have? (Plugin name, feedback/comment field, your name/nickname, your email address or other contact info (hidden from public view) so that somebody can reach you if they have a question?

Instead of using Google Forms and Google Sheets, perhaps this could be implemented as a feature addition to the already existing https://links.tiddlywiki.org/ “catalog”, which currently has a topic listing for “Plugin Library” (https://links.tiddlywiki.org/#Topic%3A%20Plugin%20Library)

To make it more effective, the current links.tiddlywiki.org interface could be extended to include instructions for importing a plugin library definition into your own TiddlyWiki file, so that you could then use the TWCore $:/ControlPanel plugins tab to install plugins directly from that library.

Um, yuck?

This party I’m trying to put together, why would you counter my invitation with an invitation to a different party?

That’s how it feels.

I’d like to proceed as per described in the OP: a simple form and an automatically refreshed report on the web, it seems like a very cool thing and I’d sure like to investigate that with some folk who are equally curious. Maybe an opportunity to connect with some folk, have a little bit of fun and a few laughs along the way.

For folk who are interested in tackling what Eric is suggesting, could you please consider moving that discussion to a different thread?

I’ll change the title of this thread to reflect that “this” is Google Forms .

I would say PLUGIN LIBRARIES is the way to go already.

TT

From the Favorite plugins discussion: I don’t see Relink. Or Relink titles. Or @pmario’s Link to Tabs and The Bundler, field search. The Details Widget.

I also don’t see others, like randval, tw5-random. Or another one I like very much: tidgraph.

I don’t see a ridiculously easy mechanism to collaborate on that list.

I fiddled with the title (of this discussion) again because I am really confused about why anybody would actively discourage a desire to collaborate with folk on something that has a benefit for TiddlyWiki in mind.

(This ADHD brain has gone into hyperlink/intertwingle connect-the-dots-of-possibilities-mode, and I’m drawing very sad conclusions.)

Since there are more folk who don’t want me to do this than there are who do, I’m dropping this prototyping project and deleting the related files.

Apologies to those interested (explicitly and silently), and apologies to those who may have felt I was upsetting the apple cart with this.